Someone please help me | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Someone please help me Someone please help me

Unread 02-19-2002, 07:25 PM
Someone please help me

I am 26 just found out yesterday that i are going to take my uterus ..I am was so upset i went out and bought all the books i could find on and all the books did was upset me more..I have so many question and is so in need of help...I am so on edge right now and feel that i have failed my self do to this..I even have q 66235035..looking for help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-19-2002, 07:43 PM
Someone please help me

(((((((((Lady)))))))))) You've definitely come to the right place for comfort, support and answers...all you have to do is ask.

We have a chat room here at HS and you are more than welcome to come in and meet the wonderful ladies there. If it weren't for this site and these ladies I would have been clueless. If you need help getting to chat please let me know and I'll do my best to help or find you someone that can.

Remember, we're here for you all the way.

s and a great big Welcome!

Kim
Unread 02-19-2002, 07:47 PM
Someone please help me

Hi, and welcome. You didn't say why you're having this surgery. Is it absolutely necessary that you have it so soon or do you have time to research your options? It's always better to get two or three opinions before you agree to a hysterectomy.

I have a daughter your age...I want to help if I can. Please ask anything that may be bothering you. No question is unimportant.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-19-2002, 07:48 PM
Someone please help me

Lady White. So glad you found us. You're doing the right thing by trying to get as much info. as you can.

Think everyone is nervous and scared when they get the news..know I was.

There's LOTS of info here as well as support...BEST on the net. Read the stories...read the posts...and ask questions. That's the best way to get info...from the women that are going through the same feelings, frustrations, and healing.

What type of surgery are you having? We use initials..and there's a pull down that describes what they mean. There's also a link at the top right that says "more hyster sisters". Go into that and go to Ladies in Waiting (LIW) section. That has list of questions to ask your dr....how to prepare your recovery room and MORE. That'd be a great place to start.

Let us know what you need...we'll help you through everything.

I had tah/bso almost 2 years ago...and feel great.

Again, welcome aboard. Glad you found us and glad you introduced yourself.
Unread 02-19-2002, 07:51 PM
Someone please help me

(((((Lady)))))

Welcome to Hystersisters! I'm so sorry to hear how upset you are. This is a wonderful place to discuss questions/concerns/fears, or whatever else is on your mind.

Please stop into the Chat Room, there are wonderful ladies in there that can offer a whole lot of 's.

Kimmie, Catherine, and Dot are SO right Lady. Please let us know what kinds of problems you are having so we can better understand your situation, okay?

You can also do a search on HS. Just click on the search icon and type in a keyword.

We're here for you sweetie!!

's
Unread 02-19-2002, 07:52 PM
Someone please help me

Hi There!

Welcome To Hystersisters! We ARE glad you are here!

I am sure this must be very frightening for you. There are so many ladies here who can share their experiences - in a very wide range of ages, too.

We will be here for you, holding your hand.

HUGS,
Unread 02-19-2002, 07:56 PM
Someone please help me

Hi, Lady White,

Welcome to Hystersisters. On the home page, there are pull-down menus, which contain lots of basic information for the "lady-in-waiting." Also on the home page, you'll find pull-down menus where common post-op questions are addressed, and an area where ladies tell their stories about hysterectomy. On the message boards are forums for women in various stages of pre- and post- hysterectomy information-gathering, plus areas where hormones and other aspects of this surgery are discussed.

You're always welcome to ask questions, vent, express concerns, and I think you'll find the ladies who hang out here to be very supportive and understanding.

There are books available about hysterectomy which I consider to be objective, and there are also some books which seem to contain only negative information. I'm devoted to this website because I feel it is objective and open-minded. Please let us know what you need, and we'll try to help.

Hysterectomy brings out all sorts of emotions, and we talk about feelings and emotions here, too. We're here for you. You're not alone. For me, it helped to have lots of information from women who had already had the surgery. I hope we can help you, too.

Best wishes,
Helen
Unread 02-19-2002, 08:09 PM
Someone please help me

I am 29. I am up for a full removal of my uterus along with my left ovary and tube. In a way, I am relived because it will hopefully be the end of all the problems I have been having since I was 12. I have been on every hormone pill out there at least twice since age 12. I have had several surgeries over the years to take care of pain, endometriosis, pelvic scaring from pregnancies, etc. I am sick and tired of having a terrible time with my female end of things and am some what looking forward to finally ending all of these problems once and for all -- I hope.
But, in the same breath, I am afraid of complications. I have a husband and 2 kids. I am afraid of dying and leaving them behind. But, I am also tired of having my problems affect my life with them. I think I am just overall sad that I couldn't have more kids and that even when I did have them (when I was pregnant) I lost a lot of them or suffered with many complications while pregnant that caused me and the baby a lot of problems.
In short, this is my last option. There is nothing left to help me. ANd I'm going for it. I just hope it pays off in the end.
Unread 02-20-2002, 05:41 AM
Someone please help me

Lostinabook. Welcome to hystersisters. Pre-op is VERY emotional and I think most of us had those feelings. I too, worried about death, complications etc...however, my surgery and recovery went smooth.

What type of surgery are you having???

We're here for you!!!!
Unread 02-20-2002, 06:10 AM
Welcome to Hystersisters!!!

((((LADYWHITE))) 's!!! Well, as most of my other sisters have stated this website is a GREAT place to come for information and support. I wanted to chime in for two reasons. I was 25 at the time of my surgery and I live in Arkansas. Bentonville to be exact. I would be willing to help you any way I can. If you live close maybe we could meet someplace like a McDonalds or something. I don't know why you are having your surgery but, I would be more than happy to help answer any questions. Or help you to find other options. I had my surgery due to a prolapsed(falling) uterus and reaccruant Cervical dysplasia ranging from (CINII- CIS). I have three children at home all boys ages 4,7,11.
Again welcome to HYSTERSISTERS. Let me know if there is anything I can help with. And as one of my sisters has already said the Chat room is a great place to come and chat with other sisters about your surgery options. There are always plenty of hugs and sholders to cry on, not to mention all of the laughs we share when our sisters are feeling blue.

's
Angela/ AngRed1
AKA in Chat: Fleyitch71

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register