Anyone here have a Novasure Procedure? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyone here have a Novasure Procedure? Anyone here have a Novasure Procedure?

Unread 03-10-2013, 11:07 AM
Anyone here have a Novasure Procedure?

Hello All~ Has anyone here had a Novasure procedure done at any point prior to your hysterectomy?

I had Novasure done in 2008 cauterizing the lining of my uterus to stop my heaving clotting and bleeding each month. I still had my periods but much lighter following the procedure and felt it was a great success. Then in last fall I started having terrible pain with my periods (had never had that before) that became impossible to deal with. I saw the surgeon who had performed the procedure and he had indicated that I had three areas that showed on the ultrasound that had not been successful with the procedure and scar tissue had developed over these sites not allowing any menstrual blood to flow out, therefore causing the pain. He called it a "physician induced endometriosis". He indicated that it only happens in about 7-8% of cases and usually happens within the first 18-24 months, so I was a late bloomer with it being 5 years out from my procedure.

Has anyone else had any experience with this type of thing? I can not seem to find any information on it at all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-10-2013, 11:17 AM
Re: Anyone here have a Novasure Procedure?

No experience with what you are dealing with but I had the procedure a month prior to my TAH. It stopped my bleeding for 2 weeks then ... the floodgates opened again and had an emergency TAH.

What - if anything - is the doc's recommendation?
Unread 03-10-2013, 11:24 AM

On Monday I had a TVH. He said that if we did not do that the pain would continue to get worse and he was not lying. My last period the pain was so bad I couldn't leave the house and had to take tylenol with codeine to get through it.

He had indicated that I had three choices: TVH, Surgery to create a new "channel" in my uterus or to manage the pain with narcotics for the next 10-15 years. He did not feel that anything other than a TVH would be a viable option.

I am now 6 days out from my TVH and feel that the worst is behind me. I am recovering well and feeling really good without much pain at all at this point (ibuprofen every 12 hours or so). I am sure this was the right route to go, but just can not find any information on the complications that I had developed from the Novasure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-10-2013, 11:59 AM

I'm sorry - I didn't realize you had just had surgery. I did a lot of reading prior to my ablation and I did come across rare complications similar to what you've described but almost always it's within the first year post surgery. . Everyone I personally know who's had the procedure has had great success with it. I guess we just weren't as fortunate.

I wish you the best recovery possible.
Unread 03-10-2013, 12:07 PM

I had NovaSure in 2010 and it worked well until August 2012....my dr said it failed so a DvH was the best option!
Unread 03-10-2013, 12:46 PM
Anyone here have a Novasure Procedure?

Had novasure sept 2009, never stopped periods but not as heavy until 2012. Heavy bleeding, clots and pain became an issue. Lavh 2013
Unread 03-10-2013, 12:55 PM

JAguirre~ Sorry to hear that the ablation didn't work for you so well. Funny thing is my doctor said the ablation failed as well, but what I experience post ablation was sooooo much better than pre-ablation, that I didn't consider it a failure at all. That is until the pain kicked in.

I hope your recovery has gone well!
Unread 03-10-2013, 12:57 PM

jazzyma~ How did your ablation fail? Did your bleeding return or did you develop the scar tissue as I had?
Unread 03-10-2013, 12:59 PM

Hi bridg~ At least we found some relief for a while post ablation.
Unread 03-10-2013, 01:07 PM

My nova sure lasted 5 months and the heavy bleeding and clotting returned. We then tried lysteda and that did not work at all for me. So less than a year after the nova sure procedure I had a hysterectomy. I know it works for many, but not all of us. I couldn't be happier with my decision. No more periods or worrying when it will return.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register