TAH 4 days post hysterectomy: Hunger kicking in. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

4 days post hysterectomy: Hunger kicking in. 4 days post hysterectomy: Hunger kicking in.

Unread 08-27-2016, 02:39 PM
4 days post hysterectomy: Hunger kicking in.

Hello. I had TAH on Tuesday and returned from the hospital yesterday. I'm noticing that I'm having hunger pains quiet often. I have planned my meals to be higher and protein and vit C to help in the healing. I know it's early after surgery but my appetite keeps kicking in every couple of hours. Is anyone else having the same issues?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-27-2016, 03:40 PM
Re: Hunger kicking in.

You're lucky! My appetite needed to be tempted out from hiding after surgery. :-)

If you're hungry, eat something healthy. Your body needs the energy to heal. Also, I found that I couldn't eat much at once, so I ate more often, effectively eating a series of healthy snacks instead of regular meals.
Unread 08-27-2016, 03:58 PM

That's great! I had almost no appetite after my surgery. You need to eat, though! Try yogurt, fruit, soft foods that don't require a lot of chewing will come out easier, too. (Constipation is a problem for many sisters). Keep drinking lots of water, and eat small healthy things when you're hungry. Happy healing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-27-2016, 08:41 PM
4 days post hysterectomy: Hunger kicking in.

I got hungry immediately as well. It was a welcome relief since I'd been unable to eat prior to surgery. I was not able to eat much at once. I mainly stayed with fruits and I ate a lot of scrambled eggs and toast.
Unread 08-27-2016, 11:36 PM

I never lost my appetite after surgery. I had my Hysterectomy 15 days before Christmas. I kept eating Christmas candy. I joined my mom for a Christmas party her women's circle at church had at a restaurant and was choosing down. Then of course there's all of the eating that goes along with Christmas and New Year's. Don't be like me eating candy and eat healthier foods instead. I think in some cases the increased appetite is due to hormones being off balance. Be glad that you're not having a lack of appetite!

:hugs-:
Unread 08-28-2016, 01:12 AM

I didnt have an appetite for a few weeks post-op but I knew I needed to stay hydrated & eat fruits & veggies to handle post op constipation..I ate apples, prunes, nuts & pumpkin seeds, grape juice, peppermint tea, green tea & water. A protein bar or Fiber 1 bar was good bc I was just making myself eat something here & there.

Its best to eat light meals & snacks many times throughout the day vs 3 large meals. Fruits, veggies, nuts & seeds. Water, walk, rest rotating too..

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register