gas from fibroids | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

gas from fibroids gas from fibroids

Unread 08-31-2002, 05:45 PM
gas from fibroids

In one of the previous threads I read something about someone having significant gas presumably from the pressure of the fibroids. I am scheduled for surgery in oct due to fibroids and find that I am constantly bloated and have chronic abdominal pain. At times it's difficult to discern whether or not the pain is "gyn" or "gastro" related. Has anyone else had something similar and/or an ability to enlighten me on what's going on?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-01-2002, 07:20 AM
Gassy Girls

Come to think of it, that did happen to me. I had two very large tumors, one of which was on the outside. I was very gassy back then and never realized until I saw your post, that it was due to the fibroids!

I no longer have gas or gas pains and I do not have to run to the bathroom all day long to tinkle!!

Thanks for the post!

Terri
Unread 09-01-2002, 09:21 AM
gas from fibroids

I have 2 large fibroids and have noticed more pain with gas in the last several months since they have achieved this noticeable size! Not necessarily more gas, but the bloating is so much more noticeable, and there are times when it causes a really sharp pain, especially during my period. Luckily, it's not too severe for me, and pretty sporadic.

It's interesting to read your post and realize that this is a documented phenomenon. I had kind of figured on my own that the fibroids might be forcing the gas to "squeeze" by them and maybe stretch out my intestines or something on the way by...

Good luck with your surgery! And I hope it takes care of the stuff. I am waiting to have an aqua-sonogram, then possibly will have an endometrial ablation to attempt to take care of the bleeding without having a hysterectomy, since my only significant problem with the fibroids at this point is heavy bleeding.

Debbie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-02-2002, 03:27 PM
gas from fibroids

Thanks so much for responding to me. Sometimes it's really hard to know what you're feeling and it can be very "crazy making". Responses like these are extremely helpful and validating!
Good luck with your proceedure...home it helps preclude the need for a Hyster.
Lori
Unread 09-02-2002, 07:40 PM
gas from fibroids

Oh do I know that "bloat: feeling so well! As you can see by my signature line, I could be considered the Queen of Fibroids. The surgery that lead up to my TAH was when the gas hit me the most, I always felt bloated. I found out post op that I had quite a network of tumors pressing against all my internal organs and attaching themselves to them, the additional pressure on everything else and the displacement is what they tell me caused all this bloating and full feelings, as well as back pain and gallbladder discomfort.

A call to your doctor would of course would be wise to discuss your discomfort and to have your doctor's opinion.

BSQ
Unread 09-02-2002, 08:32 PM
gas from fibroids

I did not have fibroids, but my uterus was enlarged a bit and for a few years before my surgery, I was always gassy and bloated and in pain. Good news is...the hysterectomy cured it for me!!! I was so thrilled! It was an unexpected, but pleasant surprise Who knows, maybe you'll find relief after yours
Unread 09-04-2002, 03:40 PM
gas from fibroids

Thank you ladies. Your responses again are very helpful!
L.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register