Yikes ! I just got my surgery date ! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Yikes ! I just got my surgery date ! Yikes ! I just got my surgery date !

Unread 06-09-2003, 02:11 PM
Yikes ! I just got my surgery date !

It didn't set in till I was off the phone...my date is moved up to June 19th !!!! I wasn't scared until I looked at the calender and saw how soon that was. Even increasing the pills, the bleeding is not easing up, so doc moved the date up. I said I would leave work and be on bedrest and leave it set for the 25th, but she wouldn't hear of it. Boy if I'm scared now, I can't imagine what I'll be like as the time gets closer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-09-2003, 02:27 PM

Jackie:

I didn know unil Wednesday that I was having mine or that it was my last option! Lucky for you, you have found the perfect place to ask your questions and get support. These people are amazing!!!!! I can honestly say that I would never have been able to be this calm and positive without this board and the people tomorrow.

I'm heading to the Castle tomorrow but I'll write back and let you know how it went. Please check out all the archived achieved articles, there is information that you won't find anywhere else.

Unread 06-09-2003, 02:32 PM

You're so lucky!!! At least you won't have so long to wait and you know how that waiting thing is! Take a deep breath and relax. You'll get everything done and it will be just fine! Pretty soon you'll be dancing!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-09-2003, 02:39 PM
Try to take a deep breath...

Dear Jackie:

I would like to encourage you. I am sure it was a surprise to have your date moved up. On one hand, it is wonderful to be able to have your surgery sooner and get it all over with, but on the other hand, you have less time to prepare - both yourself and your surroundings.

I am a success story. My surgery was eight weeks ago today, and I am back to all activities! On Saturday, I mowed the lawn, weeded, took a bike ride, did laundry, took a walk with my dogs (one little one and two very big ones), as well as vacuuming, dusting, tons of little "honey-do" projects, etc. It is so nice to be able to enjoy my newfound health...especially with my husband! I was tired at night, but not at all uncomfortable. ( I would have been exhausted 10 weeks ago...frankly, with all of my blood loss, I never would have even tried all of these things 10 weeks ago!)

I realized this morning, that yesterday, I never thought about having surgery. I had no discomfort or anything. I simply forgot all about it. I consider that a success!

So, hang in there...you will be fine. Just keep reading and posting...that is how I made it through the waiting time. At the risk of repeating myself~~~waiting is the hardest part!

mss
Unread 06-09-2003, 02:42 PM

Wendy,
Best wishes for tomorrow. You'll be in my prayers tonight. You're right, this board is the best ! Where else can a woman go to ask personal questions. Even though I received great advise from my doctor, I couldn' t wait to get home to call my sister and my friend. They both had this done, and I wanted to talk to someone who has been there. Then I found this board.. whoever came up with the idea of this board is a genieus (must be a woman) ha ha.

I just want to thank everyone for being there.you go above and beyond the word SUPPORT !!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register