See ya in 6 months? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

See ya in 6 months? See ya in 6 months?

Unread 09-09-2005, 09:41 AM
See ya in 6 months?

I had tah went for one week check up, then yesterday for 4 week check up. Yesterday he said see ya in 6 months? How long did you all go every couple of weeks. I know I can go if I have a problem. I guess maybe I feel a little insecure like I am just left out here to heal on my own (maybe I am a nutcase?).

GA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-09-2005, 10:00 AM
See ya in 6 months?

I was supposed to have a 2 week checkup, and then a 5 week checkup, and then a normal annual visit after a year. So that doesn't sound too different from what your doctor said.

I was a little behind on my recovery, and not ready to go back to work at 5 or 6 weeks, so I added an 8 week checkup.
Unread 09-09-2005, 10:22 AM
See ya in 6 months?

i went at two weeks, then at 7 - when he said:

"You're completely healed - it's been a pleasure to meet you - go and enjoy life!"

:0)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-09-2005, 10:31 AM
See ya in 6 months?

Hi GA,

I had a 2 week and a 6 week, and don't go back until my one year. It sounds like you are healing well.
You are right, you can always go back in if you start to feel like you need to.
s,
Kay
Unread 09-09-2005, 12:03 PM
See ya in 6 months?

Hi GA,
My doctor told me at 5 weeks that I needed to take another 3 weeks to finish healing - but come back and see him in a year. I was stunned - here I was still healing and I felt like I was dumped - so I made another appointment (gyn was on vacation) at 8 weeks and saw a different doctor to make sure all had healed - I could still feel stitches in there. That doctor reassured me that everything was healing fine and I had no restrictions. I needed to hear that.
Unread 09-09-2005, 12:16 PM
See ya in 6 months?

I had a check up 8 weeks after my op, and that was it. Nothing else. Nado, Zilch.

But hey - I'd had enough of doctors sticking their bits in my bits. Glad to see the back of them.

If I have a question - I look here; if the answer isn't here I call the surgery.

Don't feel you are on your own. Call your GP - Call on us.
Unread 09-09-2005, 12:38 PM
See ya in 6 months?

I had a 3 week checkup and then at 6 weeks. I will go back in 6 mos. and then it's back to yearly checks. Every Dr is different.
Unread 09-09-2005, 12:40 PM
See ya in 6 months?

GANURSE, I suppose it sounds silly, but when the Dr. tells me I've healed well and I'm ready to go back to work, my gut will be telling me "good job!" (like I really had all that much to do with it, but why not take credit!) When all this began, I was really adamant that I have a woman gyn, however, as luck of the draw would have it, I got a man. Now (ha ha) it doesn't make any difference to me as I've let go of my self-conscious anxieties and recognize the professionalism of my physician(s). Like Dylan, however, I'll be happy when I can say, "Thank you, adios, adieu, sayonara, Goodbye. My re-visit will be at 7 weeks (I'm at 5 now.) I liked bowlinggrl's response was to follow-up as she needed to for reassurance everything was OK. Some Doctors just don't seem sensitive to what a big deal this is for us and that we need closure that means something to us. Bowlinggrl, I have a question - are you bowling again or does the moniker reflect where you live or are from?
Unread 09-09-2005, 12:52 PM
See ya in 6 months?

When I went for my 4 week check, my doctor said see ya back in a year!!

I had an absolutely wonderful recovery! I stayed over night in the hospital and the next day I was out and about, I drove my daughter to cheerleading practice the next day (35 minutes away), and the next day I went back to my normal schedule of running one kid to preschool and the other to cheerleading practice twice a week. I haven't had any set backs...was off pain meds within a the first five days and have been going nonstop since. When I went back for my four week appointment, I was kinda scared the doc was going to say that something wasn't healing right because I had over done it. But, he was very excited that I had been feeling so good and that I was out and about so nquickly and said that he could use me for a model patient!! I know that I'm very lucky to have such a wonderful recovery, but I also think I'm lucky to have such a wonderful and gentle doctor!! He's great!
Unread 09-09-2005, 12:55 PM
See ya in 6 months?

The only appt I had was my 6 week check up. I didn't have a 2 week check up like most sisters. I had my 6 week check up with my ob/gyn that did the surgery and she told me that from here on in I am to just go to my family doctor, that I didn't need to see her again unless I have more problems.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register