6 wks post-op not up and running yet any suggestions? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

6 wks post-op not up and running yet any suggestions? 6 wks post-op not up and running yet any suggestions?

Unread 12-07-2006, 05:59 AM
6 wks post-op not up and running yet any suggestions?

I thought I'd be up and running by now, used to working 65 hr weeks with very little sleep and a lot of caffeine. Went to doc yesterday for 6 wk check and had to admit that I'd would rather shoot myself(figure of speech) than have to try and work (retail) and do the traveling everyday. I feel like I'm being a baby and having male bosses doesn't make it any easier. My back hurts alot and my belly is sore and huge, someone said I wasn't moving around and doing enough, doc said just the opposite. Being the holidays I want to do everything myself and feel bad because I don't have the energy too. I'm not going back to work until after x-mas so I'm asking Santa for energy and bigger pants(haha). Great site wish I found it sooner!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-07-2006, 06:16 AM

HI there;
We had our surgeries on the same day,Oct.23rd. I had a tvh for enlarged uterus full of fibroids,and had a large cyst burst on my right ovary,years of problems.I too just went to the dr. on monday. I still had some tissue inside not healing as well,so he had to use silver nitrate(ouch) and I have to go back in 10 days.I am off work until Dec.18th so I am happy about that. I work as a bank teller so I am up and down out of my seat,but I will only be working 4 hour shifts for the first 2 weeks,and have the 4 days off in a row for Christmas so I am very happy about that.I myself have just started to feel like myself,but I still get tired. I am not allowed to vacuam or sweep yet,,yeaaaaaaaaaa,,,and no baths yet,,,,This recovery has been long and hard hasn't it? Hang in there,we are over the worst,and will get better and better as time goes on..
Dakota11
Nova Scotia Canada
Unread 12-07-2006, 06:39 AM

Hey, I understand. I had a laproscopic hysterectomy and removal of my lymph nodes to check for cancer spread ( benigh thank god!) 7 weeks ago today. I am back to work for my first week...and oh it has been exhausting! My brain in not quite in gear, by belly hurts and swells up, and then I have insomnia much of the time! Never had insomnia before...but since the surgery...wow! My belly swells up by afternoon and really hurts. I am healing very well my doc says, and I only push papers...but getting up and down to get things from the printer, and walking to the bathroom (much further than at home), I get really tired! But I keep on plugging. Heck, I don't have much choice....I need the money! I was on UNPAID leave as I have only been here 6 months...so money is necessary! Hang in there, it does get better. I look back at the beginning, or even before surgery, when I get down...and realize how far I have come! I know it will be better than "back to normal" as my old normal was not at all normal! Heck, what were those pads I was always buying, wearing, changing constantly? HUM...dim memory...LOL Hugs to all of you!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register