New here and blindsided by this - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

New here and blindsided by this New here and blindsided by this

Unread 10-14-2011, 04:46 PM
Re: New here and blindsided by this

Just updating this..... Today I decided I wanted a 2nd opinion, so I went to a female GYN who then told me about another doctor in town who can do the DiVinci procedure. I'm meeting with him this Tuesday to see if I'm a candidate for that. I have two masses, and one is very large. Beyond that, I guess I don't know much else and won't know until they get a look in there, either through the DiVinci thing or through my abdomen. My belly kinda hurts today which is freaking me out. I can't get out of my stepdaughter's wedding so unless something horrible happens I have to travel up to NJ/NYC next week which scares me because I'm afraid of the pain coming back and putting me into a hospital again when I'm out of town. This whole episode has thrown me for such a loop....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-14-2011, 06:03 PM

Hang in there Suedeblue

Good that you are checking out a 2nd opinion better to do it now than wonder later.

Big thing is to be comfortable with the Dr. and their approach and that it is a gyn-onc.

Unread 10-15-2011, 02:39 PM

Yes, the dr. im going to talk to Tuesday is a gyn/onc and I just researched him online. Liked what I saw. Hope I'm a candidate for davinci. that looks much better from what i can tell.....

Although I'm dreading having to travel next week and hoping I'm not making a huge mistake by putting off surgery for an extra week, I'm TRYING to take a day off from worrying and just chilling with my husband and doggies. The weather is overcast and cool and is cooperating with my mellow mood.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-15-2011, 11:55 PM

Great idea to research online. It can help to give you confidence.

I always try to write my questions down in priority order just in case the visit is not as long as I am hoping it to be. My last question is "if I have a few more questions, is it ok to call you?"

Enjoy your chilling!
Unread 10-16-2011, 12:08 AM

Hi,I had pain just like you, had ultrasound, CT scan, nothing showed up at all, just cysts on Ovaries, but I had a high reading on one blood test. Decided that I couldn't ignore this so I have just had a Full Hysterectomy by "Keyhole". Fantasic Gyno oncologist in Brisbane, I live in Australia. Turns out I had a mass of endometrosis attached to my bowels, bladder and pelvis. I am now 8 days on after my op and doing really well. Pathology all came back clear, high reading on bloods was probably due to Endometriosis, that I didn't even know I had. I have just turned 50, married for 32years and have no children, go for it, get it done. I feel great, no pain, just tired.
Unread 10-16-2011, 09:46 AM

Aussieboo, thanks for responding. I just so want to be you right now. To be able to type that it's behind me and I'm on the mend and no longer scared. My husband keeps reassuring me that that's how it's gonna go and by christmas i'll be back at the gym and all this will have just been a bump in the road. Lovely to hear, I hope he's right. I'm so very glad that you feel great.
Unread 10-18-2011, 03:08 PM

I just came back from meeting with the doctor that DOES do the DiVinchi procedure.... and it turns out I AM a candidate and I guess this means I'm going to be going through with it in early November. This was a ONC/GYN in the same hospital system as the first one. I'm amazed that when I asked the first ONC/GYN if there were other, less invasive ways to go about this surgery, they just said NO. If I didn't find this board and read about other options, I never would have known where else to start looking. You've been invaluable to me already. Thank you.
Unread 10-18-2011, 08:09 PM

Suedeblue -

I absolutely understand, when I asked my gyn about non-invasive methods I was told that there was no option.

Like you said I found out information here just in the nick of time for me. I am glad that you explored your options.

Remember that even with the daVinci it is still major surgery!

Unread 10-25-2011, 04:43 PM

Hi Tauruslady and everyone -

I'm now scheduled for a Da Vinci Procedure on Wednesday 11/2. Am I supposed to post that somewhere else?

I guess once he gets in there, he'll be able to see exactly what the story is with the two masses I have on my ovaries. He already told me he's pretty sure the left one is gonna have to come out. He won't know about the right one until he gets in. I've asked him to be as conservative as possible.

I'm scared to death. That okay to say on these boards? I just wanna wake up and have this be over. I've been reading these boards like crazy but I'm not sure what to do next. Any suggestions?
Unread 10-25-2011, 05:22 PM

SuedeBlue -

You can most certainly say you are scared and we are here to support you.

You want to add your hysterectomy surgery date to your profile. That way once you get post-op you can post on the post-op forum.

Check out the Hysterectomy Checkpoints so you can start preparing your recovery area. Also if you look on the right side of the screen you'll "upcoming events" where it will show pre-op chats where you can join in and talk to others awaiting surgeries.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register