How many of you have zero appetite? Even for stuff you love? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

How many of you have zero appetite?  Even for stuff you love? How many of you have zero appetite? Even for stuff you love?

Unread 07-31-2013, 08:47 AM
How many of you have zero appetite? Even for stuff you love?

Just curious as to who else has like virtually no appetite after surgery? I don't really even want stuff I usually love. I know part of it is the Levaquin I'm on, but I was like that even before I started that. (for UTI and Incision infection)
Its not a big deal, it just surprised me. The things I am eating are healthy. Im just not eating a lot.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-31-2013, 08:52 AM
Re: How many of you have zero appetite? Even for stuff you love?

I had no appetite either - I was also extremely salt sensitive after... Could not even nibble the stuff at the hospital - tasted like a salt lick in a bowl...

My appetite came back with a vengence on day 10. I went from nothing to can't get enough...
Unread 07-31-2013, 09:05 AM

I'm just now starting to get my appetite back to some degree and definitely don't eat as much as I did before surgery. I'm actually now just getting to the point where I'm starting to feel much better. It's been a very tough two weeks....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-31-2013, 09:15 AM

I am 2 weeks post surgery not on any meds and I have no appetite either and a weird taste to. I know I not even craving what I love to eat.
Unread 07-31-2013, 09:40 AM

i too had no appitite after surgery and it actually took about 2 months before i really started liking food again.
Unread 07-31-2013, 09:47 AM

I'm two weeks post op today and not digging the food either. I had my favorite Starbucks day 2-4 in hospital now I can't stand the thought of it reminds me of there bleh
Unread 07-31-2013, 10:06 AM

I had my surgery on july 19th, and still have no kind of appetite yet. I DO get cravings, but an only eat two or three bites, then I am done for the day..lol. I try to munch on grapes here and there, a couple at a time throughout the day. I think as long as what you are eating is a healthy choice and drinking lots of water, we are okay, I have lost a lil over 10lbs so I am not complaining..lol. I hope all my sisters are recovering safe and well. I have my post op check up today, so wish me well. xoxo
Unread 07-31-2013, 10:08 AM

I had my surgery a week ago today, and I more pick and nibble than eat, I'm hungry yes, but when something is placed (what I wanted) in front of me, I barely touch it and get full rather quickly. All I know is this sucks.
Unread 07-31-2013, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaperPusher View Post
I had no appetite either - I was also extremely salt sensitive after... Could not even nibble the stuff at the hospital - tasted like a salt lick in a bowl...
HAHAA Salt lick in a bowl!
Unread 07-31-2013, 10:38 AM

All of you sound exactly like me! Thanks! I do have cravings too, but in reality dont want more than a bite or two. What I do eat is healthy and I am drinking water, so I figure thats enough for now. It's gonna have to be, I can't manufacture the desire to eat.
My sweet friends know I love Starbucks, so they have randomly dropped off my favorite drinks...which I dont even want. They dont know that however, and are so sweet to do that!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register