Still have granulation tissue 10 MONTHS post LAVH | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Still have granulation tissue 10 MONTHS post LAVH Still have granulation tissue 10 MONTHS post LAVH

Unread 09-06-2007, 04:16 PM
Still have granulation tissue 10 MONTHS post LAVH

I had my LAVH Nov '06. In Feb '07 I began having a problem with granulation tissue - I have had COUNTLESS treatments of silver nitrate and irrigation - my doctor is beginning to suspect my fallopian tube may be prolapsing - he's "trying to keep me out of another surgery" hence the weekly treatments. I have even gotten a second opinion and he's not even sure - definately alot of granulation tissue and bleeding - like we didn't know that - I'd love to hear from anyone with similar experiences. After all misery does love company.

Gig - LAVH 11/07 for endo and adeno
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-06-2007, 05:01 PM

Hi Gigi!

I'm sorry that you're still dealing with granulation tissue this far post-op. I had more than my share of it after my surgery, too. It wasn't discovered until I was 7 months or so post-op.

In my case, silver nitrate alone wasn't enough to get rid of the granulation. I ended up having a minor surgical procedure done in the doctor's office to remove it. My vaginal cuff was numbed first and then the bad tissue was cut away by LEEP (Loop Electrosurgical Excision Procedure). Following that I still had to go back for more silver nitrate treatments but eventually my cuff did heal, the pain, spotting and bleeding were history and all is well. The tissue was sent for biopsy and it was determined that it was, in fact, granulation tissue.

I hope it helps you to know you're not the only one who has been through this. Keep us posted on your progress, okay?

s

P. S. - For anyone who wants to more about granulation tissue and how it's treated, here's a link to the Post-Op article on the subject: -->Vaginal Cuff - Granulation - Silver Nitrate - Cauterization<--.
Unread 09-06-2007, 07:54 PM

How did you guys even know you had this problem... bleeding? I am having my 2nd post op appt. next week. Just want to be mentally prepared if this is something that can be discovered then. THANKS!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-06-2007, 08:00 PM

I had pain and spotting with intercourse. The spotting was bright red. When my doctor did the internal exam, he said the tissue bled easily just from being touched.

There's detailed information on granulation tissue in the link I provided in my P. S. above. Reading it will give you good information to keep in mind just in case your doctor finds something.

s
Unread 09-06-2007, 08:17 PM

What are you all talking about? I just had my hysterectomy done last friday, Laproscopic Hysterectomy (Uterus and cerix removed). What is this granulation tissue. My doctor has said nothing about this, does this happen a lot to people, could this happen to me?
Unread 09-06-2007, 08:40 PM

Wow! I had never heard of this, thanks for providing the link April Dawn! I read the info ... interesting. Definately good to know!

princessgigi - good luck! Hope you are feeling better soon, and that this is resolved soon too!

Hugs!

-Salam
Unread 09-06-2007, 08:54 PM

Thanks for providing the link April Dawn! I still hope all is well w/me and I hope I don't have to go though that. Been dealing w/pain for a year and a half now, and I hope now after my Hysterectomy that I have no more problems. Wishing everyone a here well.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register