SAH I have a embarrasing question, but i need your input. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I have a embarrasing question, but i need your input. I have a embarrasing question, but i need your input.

Unread 12-02-2013, 09:48 PM
I have a embarrasing question, but i need your input.

I am 40 and i am a married woman, we are told to not have sex for 8 weeks, well, my husband understands, but, he's questioning about outer intercourse, im only 3 weeks post op, and i will not be allowing anything inside of me, defintely, dont want to slow up my healing progress, however, is outer course a no no as well, has anyone tried it? this waiting is hard, but i know we have to do what we are told. Im a very private person, and this is sort of embarrasing to even be asking but i would like to know? please give me your input ladies. How are you handling the urges, i know we have to pray. we can do it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-02-2013, 09:57 PM
Re: I have a embarrasing question, but i need your input.

We did at 3 weeks. I just couldn't wait anymore. We had outer course and I was so thrilled that everything is still operational. Plus I wanted to give my husband something. Poor guy...8 weeks is a long time lol. I have just as high, if not higher, sexual need than him.

I was fine, and we tried again and I'm still fine. But!...I've had a pretty easy low pain, no bleeding recovery.
Unread 12-02-2013, 10:33 PM

My doc today said nothing for 6 weeks. Bacteria can enter through "play"--you don't want a cuff abcess. Ask your doctor-they get this question regularly!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-02-2013, 10:37 PM

Oh, and I should add that our outer-course was through clothing. No skin to skin contact. I was worried about infection or bacteria, although I'm pretty sure my body is used to my husband's germs lol
Unread 12-03-2013, 12:48 AM

Hi Keesha, don't be embarrassed to ask your doctor, there's nothing that you ask him that he hasn't heard before. If you are uncomfortable talking to him, maybe you can send an email. Some doctors require complete pelvic rest and some allow outercourse. The only way for you to know what's right for you is to ask your doctor. So give yours a call

Here a a couple of articles that may help you:

Intimacy After Hysterectomy | The Wait
Intimacy After Hysterectomy | Outercourse

Unread 12-03-2013, 06:57 AM

Thankyou ladies for your honesty, i love my doctor, but that question is sort of embarrasing, but you dont know unless you ask, so therefore i will be asking her immediately, thanks again ladies :-)
Unread 12-03-2013, 08:46 AM

I agree, you should definitely ask your doctor. I've heard that the "contractions" caused by the big O can cause internal stitches (if present) to come undone, better safe than sorry!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register