new directions | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

new directions new directions

Unread 07-27-2007, 06:38 AM
new directions

Good morning ladies! I had my Dr appt on wed (7/25/07) and didn't get quite the results I thought I was going to! *grin* I am now scheduled for a D & C/ hysteroscope/ polypectomy on 8/28/07. Doc seems to think my fibroids (yeah, I found out I have more than one!) are not the cause of my non stop bleeding. She says they really aren't all that big yet. but the polyps are in an area that she feels is causing my probs. *shrug* and if you take into account that DH and I have no insurance.....the surgery scheduled would be a heck of a lot cheaper than a hyst!
Now, for my own personal spin on all of this. My DH is adamant on my NOT getting a hyst. I personally think it's a deep seated fear of the unknown, but any way you slice it, it translates to my needing him to be on my side and understanding when/ if I need to go for THE BIG ONE! He has already said that after this one (D&C/polypectomy) that there's nothing else to try and it would be time to do the hyst. YEA!!!! he's finally hearing me and the doc! now, don't get me wrong....we're not doing this for no reasons. Doc is actually hopeful that the surgery would get me well into menapause and avoid the hyst. no promises though. she said its possible I'd be back in 6 months to a year and we'd be back at square one! *sigh* BUT.....where I work I have one of THOSE bosses who want to work you just under the full time heading and not give up the insurance and benefits. I had a little "chat" with him yesterday and told him...cough it up....or I'm lookin for a new job! *giggle* I know even if he coughs it up that it wont cover the surgery scheduled for August.....but if I wait out the clause in the insurance in a year I would be eligible for the hyst if I still need it. and on the positive side....it's about time he either showed me what a valuable employee I am or I go to work somewhere else! *snort*
so all in all, the appt was enlightening! Hubby is finally starting to understand (thanks Doc!) and I finally gathered the courage to tell boss to put up or shut up. I might end up job hunting but I'll bet my next job is ten times better! *grin* thanks for the support and input ladies! I'll keep you updated! *hugs all around*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-27-2007, 03:52 PM
new directions

Hi dark04.. i too have fibroids.. had an ultrasound to verify it a few months ago.. luckily no pain.. just had borderline hemorraghing( alittle exaggeration) every 2 weeks to month, so,, my dr. started me on seasonique.. its a birth control pill that prevents you from having a period for 3 months..yeah... and even though it's not working exactly the way it should..( i have had some bleeding all month. but so little compared) he thinks we can try this until the big M (menopause) actually kicks in.. im for it right now.. alot cheaper, and less pain than a hysterectomy... sooooo, could that also be an option for you??? lumpylady
Unread 07-27-2007, 05:51 PM
hey

hey Lumpylady! Thanks for the reply. I don't know if that would be an option for me or not. But I'm thinking probably not since I have some history behind me also that might play into the safety of some of the other options. I'm a smoker and my mom passed away from breast cancer and my sis has had bad pap smears. so.....I'm thinking with that kind of back ground the Dr could be trying to stay away from anything that would increase my chances for getting cancers.

Just a side note.....I got my insurance answer today from my boss.....I guess I'll be job hunting now on top of working for him right now. *sigh* he did offer me a dollar an hour raise.....but jeez! he KNEW I wanted the insurance, not a raise! *sad* oh and he did the hold a carrot out in front of me trick too.....maybe if we expand we can get you a salary/ management position....I asked when and he couldn't give me a time frame....yeah, like I'm holding my breath for that one! *snort*

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register