back from the castle this morning | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

back from the castle this morning back from the castle this morning

Unread 01-10-2002, 10:59 AM
back from the castle this morning

Everything went well and I'm back home with my new title of punctured princess. I was able to keep my cervix and both ovaries. And , a small world it is, I had a hystersister as a roommate.
My surgeon said my fibroid had prolapsed from the uterine wall and was jammed into my cervix. My cervix had started to dilate and the tumor was "crowning" like a baby's head.
The was amazed I was able to bear the pain. Apparantly when I was bleeding so heavy and in such pain all of Christmas week that was actually labour pains! The fibroid was hanging by a thread and he is very glad I did not pass it as the pain would have been excrusiating and I would have been rushed to ER. Now I know what I had so much fibroid-aide for the past week! (you know that liquid stuff which he confirmed is called serous fluid, or blood without cells)
I am glad I had this done in time! Now I am just sore and crampy and walking around like I am 100 years old.
Thanks for all the support as I move on to post-op board, and I will check in here occasionally too!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-10-2002, 11:18 AM

Welcome home! Glad everything went well and I hope you are pain-free soon! Thanks for mentioning what that fluid is. I've told my doctor about it, and he just nods his head. He didn't bother to explain it to me! I'm going to the castle on the 21st.
Thanks again!
Unread 01-10-2002, 11:42 AM

Hi mj64,
Welcome home. I hope you have a smooth recovery and very little pain. Wishing you the best of luck.
God Bless,
Sue
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-10-2002, 01:14 PM

Welcome home! Wow, it sounds like you are one strong lady, to endure all that! And I LOVE fibroid-aide...never thought to give it a name, but that is hysterical.

Now you can look forward to your new healthy self. Please take things slow and easy, and give yourself time to recover from this ordeal...your body has been through the ringer, both pre- AND surgically!

I'm so glad you are ok...now...BACK IN BED!!!

Karen
Unread 01-10-2002, 02:45 PM

Hi MJ!

I am home from the castle as well. I had a LAVH on 1/7. I was suppose to stay just one night but ended up staying two. I was nauseous with all the drugs that were flowing in my system and had a terrible time with insomnia. Other then those two obstacles, everything went great! I got to keep my ovaries too!

I am feeling pretty well. Don't want to over-do-it so I must make this one short. Take Care & Happy Healing!

HUGS!!!!
Unread 01-10-2002, 04:12 PM

Welcome home ladies! You now have the title!!!!! Congrats! I'm happy all went well. Now its time for you to & get well. We are wishing you a speedy recovery.
Unread 01-11-2002, 04:07 AM

One more question for all of you....
Did it hurt as bad as you thought? Was there anything you encountered you weren't expecting?
- Stacy
Unread 01-11-2002, 07:43 AM

I have to say that it hurt more than I thought. At least for the first night post-op and especially in the recovery room. Try to stay on top of the pain control----dont try to be a hero. I had the demerol pump and was only pressing it every half hour or so, when in fact I could have every 7 minutes. Keep in mind it is very small measured doses and impossible to overmedicate. Once you are behind in pain control it is hard to get comfortable. If they offer additional anti-inflammitory medications-TAKE IT, the naprosyn suppository really helped and then I started using my pump more, making it easier to even talk!
It's amazing how quickly you begin to feel better though, and I'd certainly do it again for the benefits we are receiving!
My panties have been dry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Only spotting first day and no more horredous floods of fibroid-aide!
Unread 01-11-2002, 01:04 PM

Welcome Home Jan & Autumn
I am glad to hear that you are both home and doing well. :jumping:
Dont forget to get lots of also lots of water and juice, and take short little s for recovery.
Take Care
Unread 01-11-2002, 01:33 PM

Hello AA!

I didn't hurt as bad as I thought it would. Infact, things went a lot smoother then I had anticipated. I stayed in bed the whole first day and night after my surgery. The next day they insisted I get up out of bed and try to stand on my own. That was no easy task. My legs felt like they weighed a ton! I took it easy...just a little at a time and by that night I was taking a few steps here and there. Each time I got up and got moving it got much easier.

The two worse parts for me was the feeling sick to my stomach and the catheter. The gave me meds for the nausea and it worked but for most people the drug makes you tired, it had the opposite effect on me. I was jittery and wired all night long. That first night was rough. I was very uncomfortable but not in pain. I was so happy the next morning when they removed my cath. I was able to walk to the bathroom and tinkle within 30 minutes.

I seem to be healing just fine from the hyst. Although, I have a cold & coughing is just terrible! I just got off the phone with the nurse and she told me to take some over-the-counter cough syrup. I was thinking the worse...pnuemonia or something?? She said since my mucous was clear, I probably just have a cold of some sort. I hope this nasty little bug leaves soon. I don't want to set back my recovery with being ill. I also fear I am going to bust a stitch or blow something out with all this coughing.

Other then those ailments, I am doing just fine. I am sure you will do great with your surgery. I will be thinking about you.

!!!!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register