undiagnosed | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 03-10-2007, 09:48 PM
undiagnosed

Hello out there! I am new to all of this and I first want to thank everyone for being so open with all of their experiences! I have been having the worst periods of my life for the last six months or so, and they're progressively getting worse. They now come every two weeks. I see my dr again next week to decide what action I want to take. Is it irresponsible of me to just want it out without really determining a cause? I am so miserable I just can't imagine delaying this for tests. Anybody have a similar experience or words of wisdom? You guys are the only ones who really understand what I mean by agony.
BTW- the bleeding is not heavy at all, I usually only wear pantiliners the whole time. It's the pain that's unbearable: migraines, cramping, backache, vomiting, excessive bms, heaviness in the "private region".
Can anyone relate?
Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-10-2007, 11:58 PM
undiagnosed

Welcome to the site!

While I did not share your symptoms, I wanted to comment on the "why not just take it all out" question.

There are pros and cons to having a hyst. We have women on the site who ended up with complications from their hyst that has caused them to wish for their old problems. Therefore, it is very wise to talk to your doctor, go through testing, research any diagnoses you do receive so you can see if there are alternatives available for you, and seek at least a second opinion before consenting to having a hyst.

A hyst is a major, irreversible surgery that does affect women in many ways. And since we cannot look into the future to know what the outcome will be, a hyst should be considered only after all other options have be ruled out.

I wish you the best on your quest and hope you find support and information here on the site to help you decide what is best for you!

s
Unread 03-11-2007, 12:28 AM
undiagnosed

Welcome! I hope you will find the site informative and a good support system in your quest for the best answer.

I had all your symptoms as well, only my bleeding was extremely heavy. I understand the wish to "have it all over with!" I felt that way a lot myself. It is hard to not want to take action based on your emotions and frustration with managing the symptoms you are experiencing.

I do have to agree with Weiser on this, however. A hyst is major surgery- and with that comes the risks of major surgery, which shouldn't be taken lightly. My suggestion is to leave no stone unturned. Never before in the history of medicine has there been greater choices for women in how they manage gynecological issues. Take advantage of that! You may find a better, easier, less invasive solution under one of those stones. Even if, in the end, you decide a hyst is still your choice, you'll go into knowing you are a good advocate for your own health and well-being. When facing a major surgery, that means a great deal.

Blessings to you on your journey.

Jean

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register