TAH Scared to get rid of sanitary wear - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Scared to get rid of sanitary wear Scared to get rid of sanitary wear

Unread 02-13-2011, 10:45 PM
Re: Scared to get rid of sanitary wear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debware87 View Post
So glad to read I am
Not the only one, thank-you
I keep panty-liners---always. And since I was wearing them daily before my surgery, I still do. Just part of the wardrobe; kind of like my glasses!

T
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-14-2011, 01:38 AM

I had my own clean out clean up on about week 3. Rounded up all pads and tampons I could find, left panty liners (never know when you bay need) and a few tampons and pads for the girls when they visit but gave a full bag to daughter to take home. Have not had to use even one pad since surgery. Sure have a lot more room on shelf now
Unread 02-14-2011, 01:48 AM

Just managed 3 days and nights pad free but not throwing them yet. 5 weeks 4 days post op
Unread 02-14-2011, 10:51 PM

I am 1 1/2 years post op, it took me about 3 months to get rid of all sanitary items... they were such apart of my life for over a year, and I always had them handy because I never knew when I was going to need them. I even almost "stocked up" on tampons 6 weeks after surgery because they were on sale...old habits die hard. At the 3 month mark I went through my house and threw everything away with great gusto...I was finally free from all of it.
Unread 02-15-2011, 12:39 AM

I'm going to throw a few pads in my suitcase for my vacation next month. No spotting yet, but kept cervix and ovaries, and so may get some spots but i think it is too soon to tell. so will take few supplies to avoid scrambling around during relaxing time.
Unread 02-15-2011, 04:39 AM

I haven't needed anything since I got home until yesterday, when I needed a panty liner after having sex. I had a little pinkish discharge. So until that doesn't happen anymore after sex, I'll keep them around. You might want to hang onto pads/pantyliners at least until you are sexually active again.
Unread 02-15-2011, 02:57 PM

I am taking a few liners with me on my cruise next week because although I haven't anything for 2 1/2 weeks, I haven't had stitches show up yet.
Unread 02-22-2011, 09:28 AM

Oh my I was just thinking the same thing this morning. I am in week 10 post op and just stopped a few days ago. I am holding on to my pantiliners just in cause. Seems too good to be true right now. Still have another Drs appoint. next week. Eventually I will get rid of them but not yet.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register