5 days post hysterectomy: Can you help me give myself a break? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

5 days post hysterectomy: Can you help me give myself a break? 5 days post hysterectomy: Can you help me give myself a break?

Unread 09-11-2016, 12:12 PM
5 days post hysterectomy: Can you help me give myself a break?

On 9/6/16, I went in for a LAVH with cervix and tube removal. One fibroid was so large, surgeon had to also go in through my abdomen to remove it before he could even get to my uterus.

Somewhere along the line, my urine stopped flowing during surgery, and I sat open for an hour and a half waiting for the urologist to come join the party. Inverted.

Everything turned out fine in the end, but it was a challenging surgery and I was under anaesthesia for 8 hours.

I'm home now, but I'm so **** tired and sore. I feel like a sissy for not feeling better already.

Feel free to let me know it's ok to just lay here and rest.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-11-2016, 01:22 PM
Re: Can you help me give myself a break?

Five days ago you had a hysterectomy, which is major surgery. The surgery ended up being done abdominally. This usually requires a six-week recovery even if there are no complications. But in your case, you did have complications. These complications involved the intervention of a urologist plus waiting in an inverted position for an hour and a half (in addition to the time required by the surgery itself).

Yes, it's definitely okay to just lay there and rest. Under these circumstances, it would be okay even if you were Wonder Woman. Except - wait! You're not Wonder Woman. That means you have all the more reason to lay there and rest!

Rest. Relax. Lots of fluids. As much walking as you're comfortable with. Be kind to yourself and your body.
Unread 09-11-2016, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaraBfromEP View Post
I'm home now, but I'm so **** tired and sore. I feel like a sissy for not feeling better already.

Feel free to let me know it's ok to just lay here and rest.
and with SurprisedNB. I didn't start feeling human again until week 4 even as I was resuming light daily activities. You might get something from the videos found on the Hysterectomy Recovery splash page. Not only are you not alone, but many women have been there done that, and have the scars to prove it.

So Sister...enjoy the down time - we get it so seldom!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-11-2016, 02:14 PM

Oh my goodness, yes, of course it's okay to rest. I didn't have the complications you did and I still rested like it was my job the first two weeks--I think I laid in bed more than after I had a c section! Look at it as a kind of vacation from your responsibilities.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register