Castle in 5 Days. So scared. - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Castle in 5 Days. So scared. Castle in 5 Days. So scared.

Unread 04-24-2010, 08:20 AM
Re: Castle in 5 Days. So scared.

I can totally identify with what you are feeling! I had LSH 5 days ago and truthfully the week prior I was a wreck! Looking at things online that I shouldn't have...filling my mind with the what-if's....and just driving myself and my husband crazy!!!!

The day of surgery was so peaceful...truthfully....way beyond my expectations. I had asked ahead of time if I could take something from home as soon as I woke up to relax me...not make me loopy at all....and that helped a ton! The staff at the hospital made everything so relaxing and it was over before I knew it! They deal with nervous (terrified) people all the time and are more than willing to do whatever it takes to make you comfortable. Just be totally honest with what you need!

You will be well taken care of and you will be so happy when the procedure if over and realize that 'you did it'!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-24-2010, 09:19 AM

Eyesofbloo,
I totally understand how you're feeling now. Lately I've also been battling with panic attacks, "What if's", and worrying about what can go wrong...etc. I'm worried about having a bowel resection (endo is really bad), and I'm so worried that my vital organs won't work the way that they should. Lately I've been having really strange dreams about surgery. I also battle with severe "White-coat" syndrome and start to panic and hyperventilate whenever I get close to a hospital!! It is crazy! I'm going to ask for sedation as soon as I arrive.

Let the nurses know how you're feeling. If you're too anxious I'm sure the can give you something to help calm you down. Sending you best wishes. You are in my thoughts and prayers. ((HUGS))
Unread 04-24-2010, 12:53 PM

I worried about all that too, 3 little ones in my house.
I was so stinkin' busy right up to the morning of, it didn't totally hit me till the nurse put my IV in!!! They put alittle something in my IV to calm my nerves. And the next thing I knew I was waking up in recovery.
I'm 1 week post op TVH and feel great.
Hang in there! You can do this! Sending you hugs and warm fuzzy's!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-24-2010, 01:33 PM

The only advise I have is to tell you how I got through my fears. Every time I would "allow" myself to think scary thoughts I would push them aside and think "This is the only choice I have, I couldn't live the way I was anymore. I have to do this. There is no point in thinking the what if's"
Do not worry about tomorrow, live for today
Thoughts and prayers!
Unread 04-24-2010, 04:03 PM

Totally understand and sending you lots of hugs and calming vibes. It really sucks...but I think it's natural to be very scared. I know I was excited when I got my date to the castle booked, and then the week before hit and I've been a wreck. Not sleeping or eating properly, just a total wreck and driving most people in my life crazy. It's a major surgery - I think something would be off if we weren't scared!

I know I will be happy when it's all over but at this point I would love to be drugged and dragged to the hospital and just woken up when it's all over
Unread 04-24-2010, 04:08 PM

Hi there,
I am having my LSH on Tuesday the 27th of April. I am scared and apprehensive but I really just want it all to be over now. I am so tired of thinking about it and worrying about it all of the time. The last 9 months of waiting , thinking, researching, overthinking and going round in circles has been exhausting. I'm trying very hard to be positive and to think about feeling better and having more energy. I do not have any 'little ones' waiting for me and I live alone so I anticipate a bit/lot of boredom!! I wish I didn't have to have the hysterectomy but I have finally accepted it after all of these months. I'm taking a yoga workshop tomorrow to get me in the correct frame of mind for hospital on Tuesday. I hope that I will only have positive and helpful things to report to you.
Unread 04-24-2010, 08:17 PM

I so identify with the fears and worries. It is the advice above about replacing the fear and worry thoughts with "it will be o.k." and praying. My stylist is battling colon cancer and worked me in for an afternoon appointment. She and I talked about staying positive--maintaining positive attitude, conversations, planning for the future, etc. I told her about this site and the 'palace' and the princess tiara. She laughed and laughed--this did as much for me as it for her. She proceeded to give me my 'princess cut' then we just hugged more than usual. Find some pampering for yourself--physically and spiritually.

My prayers are with you and my date is May 6, 2010.
Unread 04-25-2010, 05:49 AM

so very normal to feel the way you do. I was a wreck and cried a lot...I even cried when I talked to the doctor right before my operation. Everyone tells us it doesn't do any good to get so upset but they're not the ones going through it. I have a dreadful fear of going under also but there was no other choice and I put my faith in the doctor and anesthesiologist. I was "out" so fast the day of my surgery and was told it was around 3 hrs long and felt like 3 minutes to me. You'll be okay....do a lot of praying and God will get you through it. Before you know it, you will be home resting and recuperating. Hope all goes well!!
Unread 04-25-2010, 09:24 AM

My surgery is on wed 28th, being admitted on 27th!! i can so relate to how you feel!

I am so nervous I feel literally sick, I suffer from IBS and today my stomach is in cramps, touch of diarrhea, typical nervous signs for me, I am always the same when I am anxious!

wish it was just all over with it.

best wishes to everyone facing surgery soon, I suppose at least we haven't too much longer to wait.
Unread 04-25-2010, 09:53 AM

Hi Flakeygrace, you have a stylist.... I am soooo impressed. I agree about the pampering. I went for a facial and some waxing last week so that I would feel better next week in hospital. I'm looking forward to getting back on my feet and not having to think about fibroids and getting out for a little retail therapy soon. Good luck for May the 6th.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register