Sex Question | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 04-21-2007, 07:10 PM
Sex Question

My DH and I had sex last night, which was only the second time since my dr cleared me. Everything was great until we were done and I realized that I was bleeding. It stopped by this morning, so I don't know what was up. I have had very little spotting today. I think I might call the dr on Monday just to be sure. I am guessing that it might just be some scar tissue, but I want to make sure things are ok. Has anyone else had this happen at 3 months post op? I thought that I would have been healed more by now. Even the first time we had sex at 7 weeks post op, I only had minimal spotting.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-21-2007, 08:58 PM
Sex Question

This was more than just spotting! There was blood all over me, him and the sheets and mattress. He managed to get the blood out of the mattress today. It was like I had started my period, there was that much blood.
Unread 04-21-2007, 11:03 PM
Sex Question

(((Meridith)))
I think you need to call the dr on Monday, for sure, and ask about this. It doesn't seem normal for you to have this much bleeding at 3 months. Six wks is one thing, but your body has had plenty of time to be healed.
You might have some granulation that needs treated, but you need to be seen to know for sure. Let us know what you find out.
's, Rita
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-21-2007, 11:34 PM
Sex Question

Call your doctor! I am also three months post and have had no bleeding with sex in a month. No spotting, nothing. I did have granulation and had to get silver nitrated, which left yet another discharge. Waiting another two weeks before seeing the doctor showed that I still had areas that had not healed, which was causing the spotting. All has been fine in a month. That much blood sounds like a VISIT to the doctor, not just a call. Let us know how you are.
Unread 04-22-2007, 06:14 AM
Sex Question

Thanks girls! I will call him tomorrow morning. He never did do an exam at my 6 week check-up. That kinda surprised me. Maybe things just aren't as healed as they should be.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register