1 Hr housework = day exhaustion - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

1 Hr housework = day exhaustion 1 Hr housework = day exhaustion

Unread 05-14-2007, 09:28 PM
1 Hr housework = day exhaustion

I do feel very lucky as well. I have a teenager also, daughter 16. If I pick up a rag and start cleaning, she is right behind me taking it away from me. She does not admit it right now, but she is a neat freek like I am. For some wierd way, I need the house to be clean or I feel stressed. I too cooked a dinner Friday night Syndie, yesterday was not too bad (did a bit more-shopping for 2 hours and tired the rest of the day with some pain) and today - - well another story. I had no energy at all plus aching pain during the day. I think that I went back two weeks. Is this normal to have this when coming this Wed I will be 6 weeks ? I tried to take a nap, and all I could feel are the stitches inside of me. I tell you, this surgery is something serious to have me down this long....LOL
Patti
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-16-2007, 11:14 AM

Patti ,
I'am six weeks today, started work on Monday and had alot of cramping had to stay on top of it with pain reliever.,Tuesday wasn't quite as bad although today I have some cramping again..Doc said the cramping and fatigue will last about 8 weeks..I hope it's sooner. I feel a burning sensation in the top of my vagina and my incisions on my stomach are tender, do you still feel this way also...I also was surprised how much this took out of me..I had a lavh...with keeping my ovaries...Take care..hopeing it gets better...
Unread 05-16-2007, 12:24 PM

Hi Bird46,

I see my Dr. today for the six weeks (today) check up. I am hoping to start work on Monday. My Dr. told me that if his employees had this surgery, he would insist on 8 weeks off work, no questions. I go out for a bit, and then feel aching pain and the top of the vagina stitches as well as fatigue. I will also discuss with him, the reason why I can not sleep the whole night thru without waking up several times during the evening. Thanks for your reply. I do not feel alone at this stage of my recovery.
Unread 05-16-2007, 01:17 PM

Hi All

I am also at the 5 1/2 week mark. I also still get a signficant amount of pain when I over due it. After this past weekend I was in a lot of pain and ended up having to rest most of the day on Monday and Tuesday. I also seem to be in more pain after doc pushes and probes, I see him on a weekly basis because I have part of wound that is still not healed and is draining. I saw him again today and now I am sore again, hopefully it won't get as bad as it did over the weekend.
Unread 05-17-2007, 04:18 PM

Hi Patti_571.
Wish I would have asked my Doctor for another week..Today is my 4th day back at work and I stand all day at my job today there was alot of cramping so tonight I'll sit in the recliner with some ice on my belly.I too wake up at night at least once or twice..Let me know what your Dr. says about this please I would love to know...Good luck
Unread 05-17-2007, 04:20 PM

Hi KPS,
I hope everything heals up quickly for you. Sounds like youv'e been through alot..
Unread 05-17-2007, 05:15 PM

Yesterday I was at the Dr. and have the go ahead to resume regular activities, but only to introduce them in baby steps. I start work on Tuesday (Mon. holiday) with the flexibility to work as little/long as I want. Great boss! So, today I thought that I would wake up and go to the gym and do 15 min elliptical and maybe a swim. I am use to spending over an hour at the gym each day. This would be a switch. I woke up, having to do housework for an hour and half, errands, dinner, etc. I am exhausted now. My dr. told me to take baby steps, so I did. Atleast I have no pain. He also referred me for some blood work to check if my ovaries have shut down or in menopause - from me telling him about waking up during the night and cold spells (not too much now). The waking up at night is what he paid attention. He confirmed that it takes 6 months to 1 year to be 100% healled. (Baby steps, OMG) I wonder though, he said that if I have blood after making love( got the okay-but will still wait for a while), to see him (he did not do visual exam and taked to me about granulation - cuff not healled yet - and talked about the silver nitrate and then would do visual exam. He said he didn't want to disturb inside that much). So, all in all, I felt great this morning, kept busy all day, and so tired now, and yippeeee..... no pain. Sorry for rambling on....so many things to say......

All the best of rest, everyone, with sleepful nights ;-)
Unread 05-18-2007, 03:01 PM

patti
Thanks for the information. Sounds like you had your hands full. Glad to hear everything is feeling great..It's so hard to take those baby steps you feel good so why not do it..I'm still crampy at work so today I took some tylenol 3 that seemed to take the edge off. Not sure if these are the cramps the Dr. said would go away after about 8 wks..hope so..Have a great week end all..

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register