I SHOULD be post-op today, but they bumped me.. :-( | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I SHOULD be post-op today, but they bumped me.. :-( I SHOULD be post-op today, but they bumped me.. :-(

Unread 02-15-2008, 10:45 AM
I SHOULD be post-op today, but they bumped me.. :-(

I'm so incredibly frustrated. Please allow me to complain. I mean, I can't even begin to express the frustration level when it comes to this operation!

First off, they have officially bumped my surgery date. TO APRIL! I was supposed to be in the hospital today, but now, I have to wait for April 29th!! I told them, "Do not bump me again!" I told my doctor I am beyond frustrated, and he said he would make sure that scheduling doesn't bump me again. Riiiggghhht. Yeah, I believe you.

So, now I have new dates with Urology (February 29th) and a new Hyster date of April 29th. APRIL!! GAHHHH!!

My original chat with my doctor was December 27th, when he started this ball rolling to get me fixed. December. *SIGH*

So, they are doing a Cystocele/Rectocele repair, and vaginal Hysterectomy. I will lose my cervix and my uterus, but keep my ovaries as long as they look ok.

April. Man, almost May! The flipping 29th of April at that!

I just want this to be DONE! Things are bulging so badly, and I'm so very very miserable.

I need to become more active here at HS, because I can assure you, the folks in my life are like, "Uh, can we talk about something else please?" I know some of you know what that is like.

/whine. Hug me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-15-2008, 10:49 AM

That is so awful! I wish it hadn't happened. But at least by April you'll be an old pro at this hyster business, right? Here's a big for you, Sweetie!
Unread 02-15-2008, 11:12 AM

Here's another 39InVegas,
I'm in your same boat when it comes to waiting.
I discovered all my problems in late Sept. 07, did'nt really like that doctor so I drug my feet making an appointment with the 2nd opinion Dr. It took forever to get in to see him, which was just this last Tuesday. I liked him and went ahead and called (had to think about it some more) to schedule a Hysterectomy and got a date the first of April to go have a consultation about which method he will be doing. I was hoping to be on the other side by then. So I feel for you. I hope your wait flys by.
Take care,
357NK
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-15-2008, 11:24 AM

Thanks ladies. I miss my sex life, I'll tell you that! There is just no way for vaginal sex anyway to be happening, and it REALLY stinks.
Unread 02-15-2008, 11:27 AM

Big s! I'm sorry you got bumped and I know you're frustrated. We're always here and we'll do our best to help you pass the time until April. I'm praying that you encounter no more bumps and the time passes quickly for you.

s, Deb
Unread 02-15-2008, 11:35 AM

Gosh and I thought I had it bad.

I was supposed to have mine last Tuesday but it's been postponed (still don't know 'til when) because of an abnormal EKG. I finally have a cardiology appointment for next Thursday.

I think I would be out of my flipping mind if I was in your situation. If you're feeling anything like me I don't know how you've been coping. I have good moments but most of them are bad these days and seem to consistently be getting worse. My hat's off to you for putting up with it so long and hang in there! We'll be here for you 'cause we sure do understand.
Unread 02-15-2008, 11:56 AM

You ladies are just wonderful. Truly. Thank you.

It REALLY sucks. I'm just incredibly fed up. I just want it to be OVER!!!
Unread 02-15-2008, 12:10 PM

39InVegas, believe me the time will go by sooner than you think. I had to wait 9 weeks for my surgery...I am down to 4 and they flew by! As of next week I have one preop every week (2 surgeons and hosp.) On Dec 20th we decided this is what we need to do and then had to go for Urodynamics and visit with the Uro/Gyn. UGH

It has been very very frustrating, living in pain and don't even mention the sex thing....I am still paying for it 3 days later (I knew better should have stayed away..lol) It is all my DH hears so I am sure he is counting down the days with me.

Search this board from front to back and learn as much as you can and we'll just keep each other company till then. My DH says I might even be able to do this surgery by myself in given a few more weeks!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register