4+ months post hysterectomy lots of pain | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

4+ months post hysterectomy lots of pain 4+ months post hysterectomy lots of pain

Unread 03-07-2016, 10:13 AM
4+ months post hysterectomy lots of pain

I had my abdominal hysterectomy Oct 19,2015. I have one ovary left.

My Back has NOT been the same since the surgery. I did have minor lower back problems before but I am having horrible lower back pain now. The Doc and therapist keep saying it's because they cut all those stomach muscle and my back is to weak to compensate and do all the work on its own. I'm in PT strengthening both stomach and back but the pain is awful. It still hurts in my lower stomach area when I cough. I still get sharp pains that stop me in my tracks. The Doc made is sound like once I hit 8 weeks and eased into thing I would feel fine again. I have not went back to the gym because of the pain. I moved as much as possible as sitting hurts everything. Am I doing something wrong or was is this normal and I just was not at all prepared for the post hysterectomy? I've also gain 30lbs since the surgery. Seems like my appetite is the only thing back to normal or on over load and I can't exercise to get it off. This pain is about to drive me crazy. 😭😭😭
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-07-2016, 03:32 PM
Re: 4+ months out lots of pain

I recommend seeing a chiropractor actually. There are a lot of nerves that go from your spine to your reproductive organs for them to function naturally. With all the internal trauma of having those organs removed, back pain is to be much expected. Your body is trying to adjust to its new self but needs help if you experiencing pain.

I was never one for chiropractors until I couldn't take my back pain anymore last year. Being 24, I had extreme pain that made it hard to get out of bed some days. I found out I had a broken L5 (from my childhood) and it messed up my whole spine as I grew up. I started seeing a chiropractor last May. Physical therapy can help, but it will not fix deeper issues like subluxations or stress related muscle tension (that is also a common problem in the back). But in my case, no matter what physical therapy I could do, my back needed to be realigned, and only chiropractic could do that.

I hope to go back to the Chiropractor next week to help my aching back. Laying down for 2 weeks isn't good for anyone's back...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register