LAVH Need help, anyone else have sharp pains in your vagina 3 days post hysterectomy? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Need help, anyone else have sharp pains in your vagina 3 days post hysterectomy? Need help, anyone else have sharp pains in your vagina 3 days post hysterectomy?

Unread 03-05-2016, 12:09 PM
Need help, anyone else have sharp pains in your vagina 3 days post hysterectomy?

Hello sisters. I am 3 days post op at this point. I had a laproscopic assisted vaginal hysterectomy and both my ovaries were left. My question is this, I am having sharp stabbing pains up inside of my vagina for the last two days. They come in cycles and only last but a few seconds of stabbing pain however it has been constant for the last two days. I do not have excessive bleeding since the procedure and I do not have sharp pains in the abdomen at all only in the vagina. I do not have abnormal bleeding. Just these sharp pains in some achiness. Has anybody else experienced this I do not know what this could be. I am having issues contacting my doc as it is now the weekend. Thanks in advance for your help.
Kim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-05-2016, 02:26 PM
Re: Need help, anyone else have sharp pains in your vagina post op?

I know you posted the pains are in your vagina and not your abdomen, but could they possibly be in between? I had the pains you are describing, but in the lower portion of the pelvic cavity, just above the vagina. My LAVH was 16 days ago and had sharp pains like what you are describing in the lower pelvic area. I frequently noticed those sharp, stabbing pains before having to urinate, as gas moved around, & as intestines adjusted/awakend. At this point I occasionally get them prior to bowel movement. They were/are sharp & stabbing (like quick jabs).

When I first got them was about late day 2 after surgery. They caught me off guard as I don't remember others posting about them, though they may have. Still, every now and again they surface.
Unread 03-06-2016, 12:31 AM
Re: Need help, anyone else have sharp pains in your vagina post op?

Sharp stabbing pains usually mean nerves growing back/healing. I know for weeks I felt like someone was using my vagina for a trampoline, especially when i walked. Everything is tender in there and as we move the colon moves around hitting tender spots too.

by the way, my vagina still hurts at times. I have a horrible problem with my hips going out of alignment which puts my knee out which puts my foot out. There are nerves in the heal that go right to the pelvic/vaginal area. When I step down the pain jumps from my heal to the vagina. I am accepting this will be my new norm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-06-2016, 11:26 AM
Re: Need help, anyone else have sharp pains in your vagina 3 days post hysterectomy?

(((Kim))) Keep in mind you are very early days post op from a major surgery. It is not unusual to have some pain during this time. You have had a lot of work done. I doubt nerves are growing back this early on post op, nor do I think your colon is moving around.

Hang in there my friend.
Unread 03-06-2016, 01:03 PM
Re: Need help, anyone else have sharp pains in your vagina 3 days post hysterectomy?

I have started to have those sharp pains as well. I think its normal. Have you been taking it easy? Mine seem to be one one side at a time. Almost between where my ovaries are and where my vagina opening is.
Unread 03-07-2016, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim M View Post
(((Kim))) Keep in mind you are very early days post op from a major surgery. It is not unusual to have some pain during this time. You have had a lot of work done. I doubt nerves are growing back this early on post op, nor do I think your colon is moving around.

Hang in there my friend.
The colon hitting tender spots was my doctors words, not mine.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register