Hello Libido | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 07-24-2012, 11:08 PM
Hello Libido

not sure what they did to me when I was under aesthetic but Hello libido From the day i left the hospital i have been very aroused, anyone else find this? I'm only complaining a little as the Dr. said I have to wait another 2 weeks to DTD again, but still is this normal? Anyone else find they had an increase in libido? I tell ya, if this continues I'm going to go crazy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-24-2012, 11:42 PM
Re: Hello Libido

Oh yes! I sure did, lol. I think it is normal since our hormones are all over the place. I'm not complaining either because that was one of my fears pre-surgery...that I would lose my desire. I kept one ovary. I'm 8 weeks post-op and happy to report that everything functions normally, in fact, better than ever!

Hold off though until your doctor releases you. If you can't hold off, call your doctor to see what kind of stuff they do allow. It's always bes to be on the safe side.
Unread 07-25-2012, 01:25 AM

Yes!!!! For me it started my second day post op. I was laying in the hospital bed thinking I was a little wierd because I just had surgery, how could I be aroused. And my goodness; I am talking intense and constant. I mean all of the time. There is nothing sexual about walking in Walmart, but it drove me crazy. LOL
I told a couple of my friends and they laughed and said that they wished that they had had that problem. I said not if it was all of the time. 8-}
I am 4 months post op and it's still constant, but I can deal with it a little better. My orgasms are much more intense than pre op. So I guess I can't complain.
I clearly understand the state that you are in. Hang in there. Remember no intercourse until you are released to do so, but outercourse was my new friend. LOL. You can check with your doctor to see if outercourse is okay at this point.
I send lots of ((HUGS))to you. ;-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-25-2012, 10:30 AM

Thanks ladies. I feel so much better know I am not alone. hehe
this is definitely a great perk of having the surgery. wandatd outercourse is my new best friend hehe I hope it continues to last as i had noticed my libido has decreased over the years, poor DH.
Thanks again.
Unread 07-25-2012, 06:42 PM

I a now 7 months post op and my libido still has not decreased. I am up to the point of constant ahummmm... discomfort. When can I expect it to decrease to a level that my husband can keep up with?
Unread 07-25-2012, 08:31 PM

I'm the weird one.. lol
I don't want it. I don't even think about it..
DD is hoping that changes.. lol

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register