LAVH pain 5 days post op | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

pain 5 days post op pain 5 days post op

Unread 07-16-2012, 02:23 PM
pain 5 days post op

I had my LAVH on July 11th. He took my uterus and cervix due to endometriosis and burnt out any implants he saw. During my surgery they had to have a urologist come in BC in the 2 hours he had been working on me there was no urine in my cathirer so they injected a dye into me and said it was fine but it turned into a 4 hour surgery. I had some issues urinating at first but all is good now. I'm concerned BC I'm still having a lot of pain in a lot of different places. My stomach muscles are the worst getting up and down. And I keep getting sharp pains inside. The pain meds helped but I'm out and scared to call my doc and ask for more. I hate having to be on pain meds and asking for them but. I'm still in pain am I still supposed to be in this much pain still? Any suggestions from girls that have been there would be helpful
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-16-2012, 11:18 PM
Re: pain 5 days post op

I'm sorry your in so much pain. I hope your feeling better soon.I was still in bad pain for weeks and needed prescription pain meds around the clock. Give your doctor a call and let him know how your feeling just to ease your mind. My doc sent me for a cat scan just to be sure nothing else was wrong. Some of us have more pain than others, but you should always run your symptoms by your doc just in case something is wrong.
:cathugs:
Unread 07-17-2012, 06:21 AM

Yes, I had to put in a call to my doctor around 5 days post op. I woke up, time for meds and felt like I had been hit by a truck. Turns out they put me on 800mg Motrin, the swelling went down and much of my pain went away. I still have pains here and there today, but now mostly my back hurts. Gets better each day. Won't hurt to put a call in to your doctor office.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-18-2012, 11:49 PM

Thanks girls I called and asked to have my doctor call me back personally and he did and he called me in something. I have another question. How long did it take you ladies to get back to housework? I'm feeling better but don't want to push it and end up worse. But I am starting to feel guilty not doing anything around the house. And you can def tell I haven't. My husband had been helping me out with some stuff but I also feel like he's thinking I should be better already. I know its BC his father told him his mother went back to work the same week.like hinting that I should be up doing my duties already. The recovery hasn't been ad bad as I expected but I want to know what the guidelines are as to when you can resume normal duties. Should I do as I feel OK doing or are there restrictions and maybe a list I could show my husband so he knows I'm not just being lazy.
Unread 07-19-2012, 12:27 AM

You are way too early in recovery to even be thinking about housework. Healing takes a long time. Rest, walk, shower, eat, and drink. That's all you should be doing right now. You'll set yourself back if you return to housework. Click on the link called HYSTERECTOMY CHECKPOINTS up at the top of the page. It gives you guidelines for what you should and shouldn't do at each week of recovery. Wishing you an uneventful recovery!
Unread 07-19-2012, 11:09 AM

I got cleared to have sex and did it last night started lightly bleeding and extreme bloating and gas does anyone know what's going on I have A call out to my doctor in complete agony today I had a total hysterectomy June 1, 2012 kept my ovaries
Unread 07-19-2012, 11:59 AM
pain 5 days post op

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkwatson View Post
I got cleared to have sex and did it last night started lightly bleeding and extreme bloating and gas does anyone know what's going on I have A call out to my doctor in complete agony today I had a total hysterectomy June 1, 2012 kept my ovaries
All I know is I was told to wait 6 weeks and its been that for you so I don't know. I'm glad you called your doctor. Maybe ur not completely healed inside I hope u feel better and find out what's going on
Unread 07-30-2012, 05:20 PM

OK so I went into my 2 week post op visit a few days before I had it scheduled BC I was still having a lot of pain he gave more meds and said I just needed to slow Down and he gave me pathology report. My pain was mostly on the left side and he said it was my ovary and i had some cramping. The cramping has slowed down. But now the pain on my left ovary is getting worse and now its on the right side too. He didn't run any tests and I hate having to call to much. I'm also feeling extreme weak and fatigued and keep getting dizzy. Had some nauseousness to but went away. Please does anyone know what's going on me?
Unread 07-30-2012, 08:12 PM

Being fatigued is very normal. I was extremely tired ( but never could sleep) for over 4 weeks post op. Are you still on pain meds? I was dizzy and nauseous , but not so much once I was off pain meds. I'd call your doc about the ovary pain. He may tell you it's normal aches and pains of healing, but you can never be sure if you don't ask.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register