Feeling Guilty (children mentioned) - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Feeling Guilty (children mentioned) Feeling Guilty (children mentioned)

Unread 05-12-2006, 11:39 AM
Feeling Guilty (children mentioned)

I am much better!! I just decided if no one else is going to pamper me...I'm going to pamper me...sooooo....I just went on strike....at least until the "Queen Mother" goes back to her own castle. I just simply do what I want when I can. I have even stayed in bed at "tuck in" time and made my royal "subjects" come tuck me in!!! Went to see DR today and he said all looks good, but I should expect another 4 weeks of low energy and should take it easy. I have been very fortunate with my DR. I hope others have a good relationship with theirs .....it really makes a difference! I think it is really important to "shop" DRs to find the right one for you. Just because they have a md at the end of there names doesn't make them perfect. Just something I have learned as a result of several life changing medical problems....ie.cspine surgery, thyroid disease
Hope everyone has a happy day and good weekend
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-12-2006, 12:40 PM
Feeling Guilty (children mentioned)

Continue to stand up for and take care of yourself. One thing that I remind my DH and children is: Do you want me to heal right or do you want to have to do this again in a year or so when I have to have another procedure because I didn't heal right? All in all they have been great, but there are days!

Talking about what your mother thinks you should be doing now: here's what I have learned in the past year about my mother. She had a stint put in her heart, and then was mowing the lawn within weeks. She had shoulder surgery, then she was soon doing yard work and lifting things that would infuriate her orthopedic surgeon! She never listened to a doctor when he told to rest or relax. She always had to be doing something. She would always brag how quickly she recovered after surgery, etc. Then last August she had a massive brain hemorrhage due to the blood thinners she was taking for her stint. Now she is paralyzed on one side and will likely be disabled for the rest of her life. I decided I would follow my Dr.'s, the hospital's, and HysterSisters instructions to the letter with my recovery. Sometimes I end up feeling some of that conditioned guilt because I "should" be doing this or that now. But I am determined to recover well for my sake, and for my family.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register