Still getting period pains 8 months post op full hysterectomy & BSO? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Still getting period pains 8 months post op full hysterectomy & BSO? Still getting period pains 8 months post op full hysterectomy & BSO?

Unread 10-17-2014, 08:25 AM
Still getting period pains 8 months post op full hysterectomy & BSO?

I had a total Hysterectomy on the 6th of January this year after being told 5 days before Christmas I had Cancer. Thankfully I am very lucky in that the op was done quickly, within 3 weeks of being told, and that the diagnosis was not after all cancer.
Both my ovaries had swollen to the size of a small melon and the right one had attached itself to my appendix which was also removed.
Recovery had been slow to start with and me being me was eager to get back to work and with life. It is now just over 9 months since my op but I am still occasionally having stomach pains that feels like period pains. Does any one else have this? Is this normal?! It is not all the time just now and then. I hope everyone is recovering well and getting back to a normal happy life.

Thanks
Titchie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-17-2014, 10:28 AM
Re: Still getting period pains 8 months post op full hysterectomy & BSO?

So I'm 7 years post-op and still the owner of what was called "the most beautiful ovaries". 3 years ago, I started getting light bleeding/spotting and cycle pains (started like a horrible and un-explained back ache and moved towards the stomach/pelvis area). Was sent for an ultrasound; results = a small "cyst" (at that time; self frustration and non-belief from my new physician prevented me from checking again). Started self tracking my pain and slight bleeding which is now a regularly "monthly" scheduled program with NO explanation.

So is this "normal"? It has been for me over 3 years. I pray that you look further into your situation and seek proper guidance from your physician(s): on a regular basis to determine what is causing your discomfort and access measures for future prevention. Warmth and Blessings to you.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register