Scheduled TAH 8 days and counting...starting to stress!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

8 days and counting...starting to stress!!! 8 days and counting...starting to stress!!!

Unread 11-21-2011, 09:35 AM
8 days and counting...starting to stress!!!

Well, a week from tomorrow (29th) I will be having a TAH. I'm starting to stress about work and leaving my job for others to do. My husband and daughter taking care of all I normally do. How long it will take before I can get back to work and normal. Will I be able to go back part time at no more than two weeks? I don't think I can handle, tired or not, staying home longer than that.

Funny thing is, I'm not stressed so much about the surgery or the pain but what I won't be able to do while recovering.

Don't get me wrong the surgery and hospital stay have me nervous but not stressed.

Yes my level of butterflies is growing and I keep trying to distract myself but seriously am having a hard time not thinking about it all. I want next week to get here fast but yet I don't. Pre Admin is tomorrow morning, I'm sure that won't help the stress levels any.

Ugh, how did you all deal with this kind of stress?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-21-2011, 01:28 PM
Re: 8 days and counting...starting to stress!!!

You are not alone!! My LSH is scheduled for 12/1 and my Mom was rushed to the hospital yesterday with pneomonia. I have been very nervous and anxious but I find coming on this site really helps a lot. I worry also about all the things I won't be able to do and it drives me nuts. I don't like to be helpless and I am not sure how my Mom will be by then. I guess worrying about her is taking my mind off of my surgery, if I don't have to reschedule. I would suggest just trying to keep yourself busy and come on this site. You are not alone and I wish you well with your surgery!! My pre-admin is next Monday so I know I will be a wreck with nerves!!! Best of luck.
Unread 11-21-2011, 02:04 PM

I hope your mom feels better quickly.

We just had a meeting about who was going to do what at the office while I'm gone. Boy that was hard to just let go.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-21-2011, 02:30 PM

I'm right behind. TAH on the 30th.
Unread 11-21-2011, 02:33 PM

Hang in there...your day will come quickly. I worried about work and being bored but now that it's all over I don't even think about it. I focus on taking care of myself and healing. Before the surgery, it helped me to make lists of things that had to be done and what to bring to the castle (don't forget Chapstick! Best thing I brought). Listen to the other princesses on here about not rushing things. It's so easy to overdo it on a "good" day but you do pay the next day.
Unread 11-21-2011, 02:35 PM

You are definitely not alone. My surgery is 12/1 too and I have been doing soo good until now. I couldn't sleep last night and I keep thinking of all the things I have to do before surgery! I'm not one to sit still and I'm worried about how everything will get done for the holidays, even though everyone says not to worry about anything. Guess I'll be doing alot of online shopping! Good Luck and Majc92 hope your mom is feeling better soon!
Unread 11-21-2011, 03:35 PM

[quote=Majc92;3623565]Well, a week from tomorrow (29th) I will be having a TAH. I'm starting to stress about work and leaving my job for others to do. My husband and daughter taking care of all I normally do. How long it will take before I can get back to work and normal. Will I be able to go back part time at no more than two weeks? I don't think I can handle, tired or not, staying home longer than that.
QUOTE]

Truly, if you are having a TAH, I do not think you can go back to work, even part-time, at 2 weeks, or even three.

Do you have to go back so soon for any reason - other than stressing about your co-workers doing your job?
Yes, that IS a stressful business, I know, but you must take the time to heal. You only get one chance and this is one situation where you have to put yourself first.
You think you'll get sick of being at home, but I don't think you'll feel able to do otherwise. It really is major surgery and you don't want to end up back in hospital. Even at 6 weeks (they say) you will only be 40% healed. And most docs want you to take 6-8 weeks off work after a TAH.
I worried about leaving my work to others, but thankfully I had an understanding (female) team leader who insisted I was not to worry, and NOT to come back till I had had my 6 week check-up and even then she made me stay another week off, and then work part-time for a week. AND it is a sit-down job.
That first week back at work, at 7 weeks, was hard! Mind you, I lost my ovaries, cervix and uterus and had a pretty massive vertical scar - and I'm not a youngster (62)

Don't make any rash promises to return to work at 2 weeks.
Wait and see how you feel!!!
Unread 11-21-2011, 03:40 PM

My surgery is on the 29th too!!

My nerves are getting worse by the day , but I know its all going to work out.. For EVERYONE.

My thoughts are with you Sista!
Unread 11-21-2011, 03:46 PM

Here is my dorky OM gosh moment...I looked up at the threads and saw good luck Nov 23 princesses. I am a nov 30 princess...ah that''s just a few days away!
Unread 11-21-2011, 03:50 PM

My thoughts are with you Tennessee!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register