Having a hysterectomy (TLH) next month. Need to lose weight before surgery. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Having a hysterectomy (TLH) next month. Need to lose weight before surgery. Having a hysterectomy (TLH) next month. Need to lose weight before surgery.

Unread 06-04-2015, 06:11 AM
Having a hysterectomy (TLH) next month. Need to lose weight before surgery.

Hi ladies
I'm 34 and having a TLH next month. I'm comfortable with my decision, I'm just anxious about the whole surgery thing �� I'm also feeling really down at the moment, really need to lose 5kg before the surgery but just can't motivate myself! HELP��
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-04-2015, 11:35 AM
Re: Having a hysterectomy (TLH) next month. Need to lose weight before surgery.

Hi taz31 : ) I'm on the other side. I'm about 3 mths po from my total DvH and I was just cleared at 2 mths po to start exercising again.

What are you already doing to try to reach your goal? 5kg is about 10-11 lbs right? So that means you want to try to lose about 1-2 lbs a wk. if you're having a hard time w/ motivation maybe check out pinterest to find some specific meal plans to follow and exercise programs to follow leading up to your surgery. Youtube also has a lot of exercise videos you can follow along with, just make sure to look for a program that is at your fitness level (beginner/medium/advanced).

You can also check out the 'getting back into fitness' board here. Usually, the fastest way to slim down and get healthy is to immediately cut out all processed and junk food from your diet. That means no bread, no pasta, no refined sugar, no soda, limited to no alcohol. Drink lots of water, eat real, healthy food. Lots of veggies, lean meats for protein, and some fruits.

Try to exercise every other day to start, and then 4 to 5 days a wk. after 2 wks you should see a visible difference in you body. Consistency and healthy eating is key ; )
Unread 06-04-2015, 11:56 AM

Hi Taz31,

Jupiter had some good advice.

I can only share my experience. I was so nervous before surgery, that I distracted myself with lots of exercise.

Also, I had never had surgery, but the idea of it terrified me, and made me feel a like a there was a huge loss of control. I let myself feel back in control by taking control of my health. I decided to get as healthy as possible before surgery. Making my surgery and healing and recover as easy as possible was my goal. Having that motivator was a good mind-set for me to do everything I could leading up to the surgery.

I sounds like you have to do the weight loss quick. Maybe try a real low carb diet for quick weight loss. I know this isn't the best nutrition in the long term, but it can't hurt for a jump start. Also, I did a fruit juice only fast several days before my surgery. It dropped weight quickly, and made it easy for recovery - I didn't have all the gastrointestinal pains that many complain of, since I had already cleaned out my system.

Best of luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-08-2015, 06:40 AM

THANKYOU all for your replies. I feel like today was my day that the switch flicked and I'm going to get myself healthy in prep for my July 27 surgery. Just needed a bit if motivation and you ladies have provided that 😉

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register