SEX! is anyone else worried about it? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

SEX! is anyone else worried about it? SEX! is anyone else worried about it?

Unread 01-31-2012, 09:57 AM
SEX! is anyone else worried about it?

I am having my LAVH on Feb 13? this may be a bit of TMI here- just warning you.

My DH and I had a great sex life. but in the last several months it has dwindled quite a bit. I find it uncomfortable, i don't want to have the "big O" because i am scared it will hurt, he is scared of hurting me etc etc.

so I am worried that we will never get it back, My ovaries, tubes, and cervix are staying put. so i am hoping that will help. But I am scared that we will have a non existent sex life, i am worried that it will affect my marriage. I know that i wouldn't want to be married to someone who was not interested in sex. its not that sex is the only thing we have going, but we are both in our 30's so we still have a lot of good years left in us. i am consumed with this fear.

I am trying to reason with myself about this but I keep thinking I wont be interested in sex any more, and that he wont find me attractive - which doesn't make a lot of sense because he cant see my uterus, hes not attracted to my uterus. please someone tell me to quit being a nut job and worry about other things!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-31-2012, 10:14 AM
Re: SEX! is anyone else worried about it?

TeaLady,

Our sex life was pretty much non-existent due to perpetual bleeding and pain. I'm glad to report that post hyster, we are having more fun than we've had in a long time. No more bleeding and no more pain. Orgasms are different, but still very nice.

It is true, this is not the case for all women here, but I think that the norm is positive.

Good Luck!
Unread 01-31-2012, 10:59 AM

Thank you McLila. you made me smile
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-31-2012, 11:39 AM

This was a big worry for me also. But your keeping your ovaries so you will still have your natural hormones and your desire shouldn't change. I had my cervix removed so I was worried about it feeling different inside, but it feels almost the same. DH says he notices no difference at all, it feels just the same to him. The orgasm is different for me post op, without the uterus contracting it feels more superficial and less intense than before. I find this very disappointing but not everyone has this experience. I was also worried about DH not finding me as sexy or attractive as before. But you're right, he can't see my uterus, sex is the same for him, and the only thing reminding him that it's gone is me telling him so. There are no guarantees what sex will be like for you post op, and that's very scary. All you can do is trust in your doctor and hope you are like most women and have a positive outcome.
Unread 01-31-2012, 01:29 PM

I'm not super worried about sex after hyster because we hardly ever have sex now. I actually expect it will improve my sex life because I won't be bleeding or spotting all the time. I don't get to keep my cervix so that might be different but most people I've talked with don't have a problem with that.

Good luck.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register