New here questions | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

New here questions New here questions

Unread 10-27-2006, 02:29 PM
New here questions

I'm new to the site. I'm scheduled for hysterectomy Dec. 12. I have had excessive bleeding for about 1 1/2 years during my period and then in April/May starting have spotting and bleeding between periods. Did a vaginal ultra sound put me on seasonale and wanted to see me back in Aug. Continued to have excessive periods with gushing and then spotting in between periods. As a matter of fact, bled more in July than I didn't. Had a repreive early August. Had my appointment. She thought that I had a polyp, (vaginal ultrasound), but thought it was close to my period so wanted me to come back in October. Period heavy. had 10 days no bleeding and then 43 days of bleeding. Sometimes heavy sometimes not. Ultrasound showed a polyp and she did a hysterscopy (water in uterus to see better). I have a long family history uterine cancer. Mom, Aunt, Grand Mom, Great Aunt, Great Grandma. All had hysterectomy - mom and aunt by 35 years old. At the end of my test the Dr. made some suggestions for procedures. She also questioned whether she had ever done a endometrial biopsy and she hadn't (I've only seen her since May my other doctor moved. Anyway she said she couldn't do it because of the other test she just did. I asked about my family history and she suggested Hyster. I scheduled it and the first available was Dec 12. My questions are should I be concerned that they haven't done the biopsy? Is waiting that long 10 weeks from that last visit too long? Has anybody ever waited so long? Should I push for sooner? Is asking another doctor in the practice wrong? Has anyone had symptoms like this with uterine cancer?

muz
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-27-2006, 03:34 PM
New here questions

I to had heavy bleeding and very large clots. I had a hysteroscopy and D&C done in August and the biopsy showed that I had endometrial cancer, I had my hysterectomy almost 5 weeks later. I would think that if they did a hyteroscopy they would have taken a biopsy!?

Good luck and I am praying that you do not have cancer.
's
Barb
Unread 10-27-2006, 05:27 PM
new here questions

Thanks for the response. The Dr. told me they couldn't do the biopsy because the water would effect result????

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-27-2006, 08:21 PM
New here questions

Hi Muzetd,

I had the biopsy (benign), but IMHO it's kind of redundant. After all, they'll likely do a full pathology report on all removed parts anyway. I've waited two months, and many wait longer. You're okay, hon.

Cancer runs in my family too, and my mom is the first to survive to the age of 60. Her hysterectomy was about 20 years ago, and no further treatment was necessary. She didn't even need much HRT. I'm having a full LAVH-BSO as a just in case, since I'm peri-menopausal and the risk for cancer is too great. I figure better safe than sorry in my case.

If you look at the top of the web page, you'll see a tab called Pre-op. One of the fantastic bits of info there is a list of questions to ask your doctor to get you started. It's kind of fun to have that list. Docs are usually so pleased that you've taken the time to research and be involved in your care.

Just hang around, honey. You'll learn so much, you'll be amazed and proud of yourself very soon. Just remember, we're here to laugh, cry, and learn together...just like real sisters. Come get hugs when you need them.

Lena

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register