post- op 4 days not doing great | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

post- op 4 days not doing great post- op 4 days not doing great

Unread 11-12-2011, 07:20 PM
post- op 4 days not doing great

I had my Hysterectomy Nov 8th. I had a really bad pain in the hosp. and the staff had trouble finding pain meds to control it. It took 3 dif meds and lots of pain later they got it strait. The pain is now "controlled" but I am never comfortable and dont sleep well. I have an almost 3 year old and an 8 year old and I am missing everything! I would love any advice I could get. How long till you start feeling better?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-13-2011, 03:04 AM
Re: post- op 4 days not doing great

Hello, I hope you start feeling better soon. I also had my hysterectomy on the 8th like you. I had a horrible exp at the hospital to the point where I was screaming for the nurses to help me and more often I was ignored. I'm on percocets but it's really not controlling the pain but I'm just hopeful that each day will get better. My doctor said by the time I saw her this coming Tuesday that I would be needing less and less percocet. I do remember it being almost three weeks before I really felt better when I had surgery for a ruptured tubal pregnancy with a scar like a c-section. Try not too overdo it. I know you have 2 children. I hope you feel better. I think I'm going back tomorrow to check for a blood clot. I feel very strange on the left side with pain and numbness at times. Don't know if it's the swelling coming down but I don't feel right about it and have to make sure. Hope we are both better soon. Would you mind explaining more of your symptoms to me please? Thanks feel better
Unread 11-13-2011, 07:05 AM

sounds like you and I had the exact same experience at the hospital! I did the same thing. I was screaming and asking for help too. I had no idea I would be in so much pain. The recovery nurse I had was not helpful at all! I didn't think I would still be in pain now. It is controlled with pain killers mostly but I still have lots of cramping. I am just feeling down and have NO energy! I dont want to eat and dont really want to be around people. I dont know I just didn't really expect to feel like this. I am a very social outgoing person with lost of actives and I dont like how I am feeling! I hope it passes soon! I hope you start felling better soon too! Did you have the DaVinci surgery?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-13-2011, 08:26 AM

Hi ladies I had SAH on the 3 rd nov and for the first 6 days felt worse each day. I had no idea I would feel this bad and uncomfortable. Pain was never controlled in hospital but decreases for me after day 6. At day 10 now and finally starting to feel better although I have badly pulled a muscle.
We all heal at different rates plus stress slows the healing process too.
I can only eat bland food, I can't even manage butter on my toast but I have had constant nausea since the operation.
I have a stressful life and family but trying to relax and heal as plenty of time for everything else when I feel good.
Take it easy x
Unread 11-13-2011, 08:56 AM

Hi,
I woke up from surgery at about 1030/1100 at night with no one in my family around, my throat and mouth so dry and in a bunch of pain and numbness on my left side of body and on my tongue. I had to cough really bad but I couldn't cause it hurt. The hospital told my family to come back the next day since I would be out for a few more hours but I wasn't. So when I woke up I was totally in a panic and the nurse just did not want to deal with me and I had no idea what was going on with me, no one to explain it to me and no family around and I starting having an anxiety attack. Thank God my honey came back or I'd have lost my mind that night. I didn't know all the bad news till the next day. I had the robotic assisted hysterectomy. Doc said everything but one ovary was removed along with 41 lymph nodes. Initially it was just supposed to be my cervix. I have cervical cancer and I am 32. My cancer was also in my uterus and traces were found in 3 of the 41 in my lymph nodes removed. So all this now when just a year and a couple of months ago it was at a low grade pre cancerous stage and told not to really worry just to keep an eye on it and now I have cancer and it spread to nearby lymph nodes and I'm 32 years old, no children. I have to wait 6 weeks and go for radiation and hope it kills it all and that it doesn't or didn't travel elsewhere or comeback. Its hard! Really hard. What I want to be doing right now, I can't. I wanted the cancer to be over after the hysterectomy and it's not. I feel tired. I get exhausted easily. I'm cramped up. Back hurts, arm and leg on the one side are achy. I am hungry but dont want to eat cause of the gas and discomfort. I just hope and pray that they get this cancer. I never expected this ever, It's hard to accept. What about you? Sorry this was so long btw
Unread 11-13-2011, 01:31 PM

Tina, I am so sorry to hear of your cancer. I will pray for you, that you treatment is successful. Zany.
Unread 11-13-2011, 01:50 PM

Tina, I am sending my prayer and lots of positive healing energy your way. Hugs.
Unread 11-13-2011, 08:11 PM

Thank you ladies, I'll pray for you too. Hugs!
Unread 11-15-2011, 07:50 PM

Dear Nmiller,
How are you feeling? I hope better.
Unread 11-16-2011, 06:19 AM

I am doing better thank you! I had a tough few days but the pain is starting to go away now. How are you feeling? I hope you are recovering well too! :-) I have been praying for you! I know how hard it is to have to just sit and wait around.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register