How far along should you be for a ab binder | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

How far along should you be for a ab binder How far along should you be for a ab binder

Unread 07-19-2008, 09:29 AM
How far along should you be for a ab binder

Like my title states: How far along should you be for a ab binder. I am still very sore in my abs. I am 19 days post-op and I am wondering if I get a ab binder will it hurt since my tummy is sti ll so sore, or will it make it feel better. Right now even my lieght weight nightshirt has to hit my tummy the wrong way and it irritates it and I am always pulling at it to make it tented over my stomache so it is not always laying on it. So what do you think should I wait or would it be benefiting to buy one now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-19-2008, 01:07 PM

I wore it as first, then when the incision area got SUPER sensitve and hurt, I stopped. Then after a couple of weeks, that got better. Then I wore it again. I am 6 weeks out of surgery now and I like to wear it. I love it when I walk around the house and do housework. Feels good.

It just supports, doesn't help the soreness really, time and rest helps that. But it does help ease the pain when you walk I think.
Unread 07-19-2008, 02:00 PM

I had one on when I woke up from the surgery and wore it for at least a month 24/7. I still wear it when I am going to be driving for a while or on my feet much. The support is great.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-19-2008, 03:42 PM

I wish my hospital would of gaven me one but I guess they don't do that where I was because I never recieved one.
Unread 07-20-2008, 07:23 AM

I had a TAH/hernia repair and tummy tuck. I came home from the hospital with a binder on, but mostly for the tuck. I was off all pain meds in 2 weeks, 3 days and I attribute that to the extra support. I am still wearing the binder 24/7. I love the support it gives me. I know that as far as the hyster only, doctors vary on whether or not they recommend a binder to their patients. I have a surgical drain still in place and I was told by my PS that I have to wear the binder 24/7 from now until 3 days after the drain is removed. At that point I must still wear the binder during the day for the 6 weeks, I can take it off at night. I am buying a mid-body compression garment because the binder rolls on me and I want something more comfortable. Ask you doctor about it, if he recommends one, ask him to write you a script for it so your insurance company will cover it.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register