Scheduled TVH Having a minor freakout - it's THIS month! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Having a minor freakout - it's THIS month! Having a minor freakout - it's THIS month!

Unread 06-03-2011, 02:14 PM
Having a minor freakout - it's THIS month!

I'm really glad I'm going to have this surgery done, but I just got done with spring semester, a week-long vacation, and I suddenly realized that June 5th is my 40th birthday and ---wait a minute---that means it's June and my surgery is THIS month!

Lot going on - just finished up some stuff (mentioned above) but also, my brother's wife is due any day (was due June 1), I'm about to turn 40, my dad is about to have open heart surgery to replace his mitral valve, and then I'm having a lap-assisted TVH on the 30th.

I think things will be a lot mellower after that, but I haven't given myself a chance to really think about things until now. What did you guys do when you finally realized "the day" was nearly upon you?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-03-2011, 06:02 PM
Re: Having a minor freakout - it's THIS month!

Hmmm... I'm new here, but wanted to wish you a happy 40th birthday. I'm not scheduled yet, but it should happen before the end of the month if all goes as planned. My 44th birthday is June 13 and I'm trying to put a positive spin on things by saying it's my birthday gift to myself - I won't have to deal with this for the next 10 years (My mom didn't have menopause till she was well into her 50's and she had similar issues to mine).

Good Luck to you - it seems like there is never a convenient time for this type of thing, so hopefully all the pieces fall into place and it's the best time anyways.

-Pookie_13
Unread 06-03-2011, 09:26 PM
Re: Having a minor freakout - it's THIS month!

I hear ya, Pookie 13 (hey, Pookie is my brother's childhood nickname ) - I think this is a total gift to myself as well as late menopause runs in my family. I just found out that my dad is going to the heart surgeon on Wed (8th) and that he may have the surgery Thurs (9th) and my brother's wife is being induced on the 8th and I'm having myself a birthday party on the 10th.... Pile up!!!!

I need to remember to breathe!

Thanks for the HBD - same to you

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register