3 c sections...vaginal hysterectomy?? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

3 c sections...vaginal hysterectomy?? 3 c sections...vaginal hysterectomy??

Unread 07-10-2012, 09:26 PM
3 c sections...vaginal hysterectomy??

I have had 3 c sections all planned. My doctor said he was going to do a vaginally hysterectomy. I have read that this not recommended if u have not had kids. Do they mean had them vaginally or none at all. I have my pre op apt tomorrow and was also going to ask.surgery date is next tuesday.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-11-2012, 07:27 AM
Re: 3 c sections...vaginal hysterectomy??

I believe they're talking about no children at all because of the way the cervix is stretched with pregnancy.
Unread 07-11-2012, 07:32 AM
3 c sections...vaginal hysterectomy??

Hi booked day before you. I have also had c-section and a myomectomy which doc said was near enough same without the baby. I have surgical adhesions and endometriosis so my surgeon recommended abdominal so that he had best access to deal with those too. He also said vaginal was harder if you had not gone through vaginal birth but it depends on individual anatomy. Pregnancy widens the hips and pelvis in preparation for birth so that happens no matter which way you deliver. I guess that puts c-section births sort of in between no kids and natural delivery. Anyway I am happy with my surgeons reasoning for abdominal surgery and he will try and use the same bikini cut line as the two previous ones. Good luck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-11-2012, 11:44 AM

I have no children and had a LAVH. My dr never said anything to me about it other than it is less evasive. Best wishes!
Unread 07-11-2012, 01:16 PM

Doc did a pelvic exam and we are doing abdominal now uterus is not where it needs to be. I also have endo and fibroid tumor. Hubby is worried but oh well. He cant be here for it since he is overseas.
Unread 07-11-2012, 01:56 PM

Do you have support for your recovery?
Unread 07-11-2012, 02:31 PM

Yeah my mom is staying with me in hospital while my dad takes care of my 3 kids. Then me and kids are going to my moms house for part of recovery. Then kinda shuffle back between mom and dad till i am able to do it on my own. They both took off time from work for it. Hubby want able to come home cause of manning. We are af so it makes it difficult. Oh well.
Unread 07-11-2012, 05:02 PM

If you can convince her to do so have your mom make up some freezer meals for when you go home with the kids. Getting back in the routine those first few days can be exhausting.

And keep a pillow or towel in the car for the shuffling. Counter pressure on your incision will help make the car trips smoother.
Unread 07-11-2012, 05:36 PM

Yeah we have stuff planned out for 2 weeks already. Me and kids are staying with my dad after that so iwill have some after the 2 weeks is done.
Unread 07-11-2012, 06:00 PM

Interesting bit about the vaginal and not having kids before. Like Chinfrey, I also have never had kids and had an LAVH.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register