new here, surg on Jan12, terrified - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

new here, surg on Jan12, terrified new here, surg on Jan12, terrified

Unread 01-09-2004, 07:02 PM
new here, surg on Jan12, terrified

I am scheduled for the 29th and also stressed out to the max. Life as I know it has almost come to a complete halt. Daily routines are forgotten, just going through the motions. DH has been soooo supportive, and I know this female stuff freaks him out. Eternal I can relate about the waking up part....that is one of my biggest fears. Me not being a "doctor" person am also freaked out about the pre-op...what if they find something on the ekg, chest x-ray etc...fears on top of fears. I'm sure in the end we will all be O.K. and meet up on the post-op side.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-09-2004, 07:22 PM
just need to talk

My surgery date is 1/12 too! I am a little nervous and am trying to not be afraid. I am comforted by so many uplifting messages and have never posted until now. I have cervical cancer 1b1. The tumor is right at the end of my cervix. I had a CT scan today and I am praying that it will only be there. I won't know if it is spread until I see the doctor monday morning. At this point, I am trying to remain positive since it is in the first stage. Emotionally, I am up and down. But tonight I am feeling a sense of calm, just knowing it will be over soon. I don't really have an alternative-I think I'm just letting go, knowing that God is in control. I have to trust in Him to see me through. About the catheter thing- I had one a few weeks ago and it was fine. My heart goes out to you with your little ones. I have three teens and its hard with them, too. I do have a question about how they prep you for surgery. My situation is happening so quickly and I forgot to ask more details. I know I can't eat or drink past midnight, but what else do they do? Can someone help with some suggestions or other info?
Unread 01-09-2004, 10:08 PM
4-1-1 on surg prep

My heart goes out to you. Welcome to the January 12th club! I have had three c-sections, so I think I pretty much know the routine for prep? Anyway, they put the IV in you, shave your pubic area, and clean the area. After that they insert the catheter. I think that the most traumatizing part is prep, as well as waiting to go in. I am pretty calm tonight as well, but know tomorrow is another day full of thoughts and reading everyone else's posts. OH, I don't know if your doctor is having you do this, but I am supposed to administer myself an enema on Sunday. I have never done it before, but my surg admitting nurse gave me some advice on it. All the prep is nerve racking, but I have faith that in the long run, everything will be wonderfull! YAY! NO MORE PAIN!

Good luck to you, and I hope that this helped? You are my addition to Jan 12 thoughts!

Doreen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-09-2004, 10:51 PM
alohagal

I will be praying for you and your surgery on the 12th.
Please take care of yourself and rest. Rest and embrace Peace.
Unread 01-09-2004, 11:03 PM

Hi Baily, I'm also going in on Jan 12. Tah and possibly having my ovaries and tubes removed also. I'm pretty nervous as well. Have 2 daughters 14 & 16. No dh but thats o.k. cause my girls are old enough to help. Try not to stress too much (haha you would laugh at that if you could of seen me this last week!) But I'm trying to relax now or maybe I just think im starting to relax because I hav'nt had much sleep in a while (stress)so my body is really tired. Either way, im gonna say im relaxing. I'll say a prayer for you on Monday. I'm trying to focus on "the other side" no more PAIN!! woohoo.

Blessings,
Lynn37
Unread 01-10-2004, 04:38 AM
thank-you all so much

Hello, this is baily. I just wanted to thank you all so much for the great advice. I can also relate to every one of you. my life for the past week has also just been going through the motions. It will be a long weekend. all I do is look at my one and three year old and cry. i am 40 and waited along time for my children. They are still such babies to me, and i want to be around to see them grow up. This is my biggest fear. good luck to all of you ladies, I will be thinking of everyone on monday morning. Best wishes and my thoughts go with you. thanks, baily
Unread 01-10-2004, 08:14 PM

I go in on Monday, too, for a LAVH/BSO--*hopefully.* I know that's what the surgeon is planning on, but the thing that scares me most is if he gets in there and is unable to do it that way, and has to do an abdominal. I'm trying not to think about it--there's nothing I can do about it anyway--but it's hard.

I'm 50 years old, no children, but a husband who is very caring and plans on taking very good care of me for as long as he needs to.

My other worries are about work. I work for a very small company with no official medical leave policy, or even sick leave policy. We just take it when we need to, which is great, of course, but I'll be the first to take such a long time, and I'm not sure I'll get paid for all of it.

Still, nothing I can do about it at this point.

Good luck to all the other Monday ladies--I'll be thinking about you all!

Willa
Unread 01-10-2004, 08:35 PM

I go in on 1/20 for a TAH-BSO and sometimes the butterflies are so bad I think I might loose it, but, so far I haven't! I have a great husband and daughter and they will both be with me. My biggest fear IS the pain! My Dr. ordered the On-Q system as well as the morphine pump. I'll take all the pain management I can get. I'm forturnate that I don't have small children to take care of. Those of you that do, I really feel for you. But, like others have posted we will get through it and I'm so looking forward to the other side.

Best of luck to all!

Sharron
Unread 01-10-2004, 09:00 PM
17 days to go

I am getting so nervous. I have 17 days and yet I wish it were tomorrow. I am like yall, just going through the motions. Although yesterday and today I haven't even felt good enough to do anything. You talk about laying around, that is what I did. My pastor's wife came and picked up my son yesterday and she didn't wait for me to answer if I wanted her to or not. LOL She realized how bad I was and came and scooped him up. He is back home now and already asleep. Oh I am so thankful for the day of rest!!! I feel as though a truck ran right through my middle. My doc's nurse called yesterday to say that my thyroid levels (I had bloodwork done back the last week of dec) were way too low and they were worried about me. Doc was going to call in a prescription for synthroid and to what pharmacy did I want him to call. I told her how bad I was feeling and she said well, its probably either a touch of the flu or depression because of the time of year. I thought to myself "she didn't hear a word I said". Anyway, i told her where my pharmacy was and so on.
I still have no idea what the doc will do to me. I guess I will find all the out when I go in for my pre-op. One thing I am afraid of. He will get in there and find nothing! oh my, I would hate that.
Unread 01-10-2004, 09:23 PM

Ladies

All I can say is this..."The waiting IS the hardest part"

Best of luck 's

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register