I've come back a Princess - with one bit of advice | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I've come back a Princess - with one bit of advice I've come back a Princess - with one bit of advice

Unread 07-28-2003, 08:46 AM
I've come back a Princess - with one bit of advice

Exhausted as I am, I wanted to share one bit of advice to all the LIW before I move over to the Post-Op boards - take those ear plugs!!!! I had two roommates who kept the TV on, loud, all night. If not for those plugs I never would have slept. I even kept them in during the day when loud visitors came for other patients. I didn't use most of the toiletry stuff (fever and nausea) but I loved those earplugs.

Peace and good luck to all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-28-2003, 09:45 AM
I've come back a Princess - with one bit of advice

I'm so glad you are back home. I've been wondering about all you July 24 sisters!

I'm so sorry you had a roommate. It never ceases to amaze me that people are so self-centered.

Be a good and take care. You'll feel much better after that first week.
Unread 07-28-2003, 10:10 AM
Medusa469

(((((((((WELCOME HOME))))))))))))
I am glad you made it .... But I am sorry your stay in the castle wasn't pleasant..I remember my Gall Bladder Surgery... the stay there was a nightmare ... I am not looking forward to this one.
I was there 5 days, no water, no food, no walks, no shower. and I didn't get any of my daily meds I have taken for the last 27 years .....And I was left on a small bedpan, all for hrs and hrs and hrs. Finally a nurse came in, I told her it ran over. She had a bad bedside manner.. she lOOked at me and said "QUOTE" I supose you got the chucks wet to.. I was Really ticked off ... I told her off!! I told her she took my dignity away... she wasn't the one that had to lay there and just let it go... My bed was soaked, she didn't even chage that, she through a blanket under me ... but she did give me a clean gown, with out a wash down How sweet of her ... :dragon:
The next day, I told my daughter "BOY" she came unglued, and raised all ot of cain. She finally got this male nurse (Chad) to listen to me, and I told him everything, they were doing to me.. I was strung out on Morphine and sicker then h---. He finally got everything straightened out, and took care of me the rest of my stay ... He was a angle ..he was the best nurse I have ever had!! ...
I hope othes don't go through , what I had to .. Nobody deserves to be treated that way... And I was a top notch patient..
I am glad your home .....

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register