3-4 month sisters? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

3-4 month sisters? 3-4 month sisters?

Unread 02-28-2006, 02:24 PM
3-4 month sisters?

Hi ladies from the holidays...I have been gone from here awhile. I went back into my life, well, some of it. I am finding that I can't take it all back on yet. I am exhausted today and my belly aches and my surgery was Nov 15. All the "people" in the "real world" say "so are ya back to normal!" And, I am wondering if I should go to plan B, the six month recovery plan instead of the 6-8 week plan A I had counted on.

Sisters who were in this with me at Thanksgiving and Christmas recovering, how are you now?

Sisters ahead of me, wisdom? A little comfort?

Here I am, March, already and I can't phsically manage my children's birthday parties, my extra weight gain, house work, bills, taxes, and going back to my previous work or starting a new job. I am feeling like being a mom and recovering at the same time is still enough of a job, only I also need some $$!

Hugs, anyone?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-28-2006, 07:07 PM
3-4 month sisters?

Girl, I am there with you! My dad made the point that we had major surg b/c he seemed to bounce back from his hernia surg. He said they had to remove something that he wasn't suppose to have and took out something that we are suppose to have - He made a good point. I have heard that it can take up to 6 months to get back to "normal", or full energy -

Maybe some sisters will enlighten us.
Unread 02-28-2006, 07:39 PM
3-4 month sisters?

Well, I'm a little ahead of you and although I have completely returned to the real world, not a day goes by that I'm not reminded that I had surgery. My abdomen is still sore to the touch, and my energy level is still not where I'd like it to be. I imagine many other things go into play. How things went with your actual surgery, your original health, your age; any number of things. I feel pretty good most of the time....but I'm not quite there yet. And, yes, I think the moment I returned to work (6 weeks) people expected me to be fully healed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-28-2006, 07:39 PM
3-4 month sisters?

Hi
I had my surgery on November 22. Physically, I'm exhausted. My memory isn't what it was before the surgery. I'm depressed but handling it with supplenments. I also on hormones. I realized that I had to get time for myself which has helped. I have set goals and are pushing myself to meet them. If I keep busy, I'm fine.
Unread 02-28-2006, 08:18 PM
3-4 month sisters?

I was healthy before the surgery with the only exception of what actually caused the darn surgery. It's been months but I still fatigue and don't bounce back as quickly, yet. My incision site is sore to the touch and aches just a tiny bit when I do hard labor. My engery level is no where near what it was. We just have to know that down the road, hopefully sooner than later, we will feel vibrant again. We must heal fully before we can go on as before. This thing does insist on patience!!! Let's keep hangin' on! Em
Unread 02-28-2006, 11:35 PM
3-4 month sisters?

All in all I feel good - considering! To be honest I really had no idea what a biggie this whole op business would be.
I don't miss the constant pain, the bleeding etc but I still get weary.
Not the constant bone weariness I had before, but it still sneaks up on me now and again. eg I should be going to my quilting group tonight, but after a day at work (plus an evening out last night) I just can't cope with it.
I am getting better though, so chin up! it just hasn't happened as quickly as I'd like.
All the best.
Unread 03-01-2006, 04:58 AM
3-4 month sisters?

I had my TAH on 11/29. My energy level is still low especially when I have a week where I work more than 50 hours. Traveling seems to wear me down also.
My incision has not been until recently. I think it actually felt a bit numb but now at times it does feel sore.
My dr said to expect six months before the full energy level returns.

Work is work and once they see you back there the expectation is that you are fully healed and hitting on all cylinders. Take care of yourself and assert yourself if you need time to rest or cannot keep the pace up at this point.

Good luck.
Unread 03-01-2006, 06:02 AM
3-4 month sisters?

I had my surgery the same day as you and feel the same as you. I still get tired and have a tender belly. I was supposed to go back to work at the 6 week mark but I decided I wasn't ready and quit. I'm not getting much sleep because of the hot flashes and insomnia. I feel a lot better than I did 2 months ago but I still don't feel 100% and am wondering if I ever will. This website has been great. Every time I'm feeling down about my recovery I get on here and read how I'm not alone in my recovery. My sister (a nurse) keeps telling me I will not feel 100% until 1 year post op. I think she is probably right. Hang in there, there are others feeling your pain.
Unread 03-01-2006, 06:25 AM
3-4 month sisters?

My surgery was November 4th and I still have a sore swollen belly at the end of the day. I've been able to successfully go back into my life but I do still find myself exhausted sometimes. It does get better, it just takes time to heal from such a major surgery. We just need to keep pampering ourselves when we can and take it easy when our bodies say "I've had enough!"
Unread 03-01-2006, 07:23 AM
3-4 month sisters?

I am ahead of all of you so...At first I hurt alot but life went on.House work,cooking,shopping was all managed.In the first few weeks I had help(Some)My husband is a workaholic and with 4 kids it was hectic.To this day I am tired,at times I hurt like bringing groceries into the house.Yesterday there was a bag of potatoes on special so of course I bought 2 30 lbs.Yesterday night I hurt.Silly things that I tend to do make me start over again.
Take each day at a time.I feel so much better now but there is a ways to go.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register