frustrated!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 01-28-2014, 10:14 AM
frustrated!!

I am 4 weeks post op. I exhausted all options before doing my laperscoptic hysterectomy removing my uterus and cervix, keeping my ovaries. That being said I am not at home eating cotton candy&watching My pretty pony. In my experience I would not wish this sugery on my worst enemy. Thankfully I have my oldest son taking care of me..how anyone could do this alone I have no idea. The first 2 weeks I wanted to cry because I thought I had made a decision I can never undo..but crying would involve blowing my nose and I could not do that. At 4 weeks life is not as dire..the leg cramps stopped along with the night sweats& the god awful bm...but I am still on pain meds, have not regained my appetite,going in the car is misrable, Im wearing my stomach wrap, and my ovaries are still in shock. Everyone says when you heal life is going to be great!! The 2 months of healing happens to make it hard to see the big picture...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-28-2014, 10:38 AM
Re: frustrated!!

I'm one of those who was a slow healer. Oh my yes very frustrating. I did not accept my "new normal" until about 7 months post op. The best advice I can give you is rush nothing. Even now, if I get tired I rest. My life is so much better now then it has ever been, BUT, it's different. Not in a bad way, just different. Give yourself time and patience. This is major surgery no matter how anybody tries to down play it. You will recover at your own pace.

I learned to arm knit during recovery. You need nothing except a ball of yarn and your arms! Really took my mind off of how slowly I was healing.

Wishing you smooth sailing ahead!
Unread 01-28-2014, 11:18 AM

Thank you I needed to hear from someone who was not doing cartwheels day 3. Before my surgery I power walked 3 1/2 miles every morning and have a fast paced life. So the down time/pain&hormones are getting the best of me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-28-2014, 11:35 AM

I understand and it is ok to feel the way you do!

Please keep us posted!
Unread 01-28-2014, 03:29 PM

Hang in there! My head wants my body to be better than it is, and my body (like yours) is healing right on time. MD kept me off another week of work today. While I know that is the right thing, it is a big adjustment for me. Will keep you in my prayers.
Unread 01-28-2014, 04:45 PM
frustrated!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gea108 View Post
Hang in there! My head wants my body to be better than it is, and my body (like yours) is healing right on time. MD kept me off another week of work today. While I know that is the right thing, it is a big adjustment for me. Will keep you in my prayers.
Thank you A speedy recovery to you too.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register