Scared of tomorrow!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Scared of tomorrow!! Scared of tomorrow!!

Unread 03-09-2003, 09:59 AM
Scared of tomorrow!!

Hi
Am I OK???? I am scared and I do NOT want to go tomorrow...I was fine throught the preop and have been doing my nesting things...buying what i need and stuff like that...trying to prepare the kids that they'll be juggled around and now that its TOMORROW...I can't stop freaking out..What is wrong with me?
I know there are many of us out there having surgery tomorrow I think 25 or 26...are yall feeling like this?
HELP!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-09-2003, 10:07 AM
Oh Boy! Me too!

I keep thinking I shouldn't be doing this! Been crying off and on all morning.

I just want today over with! We have to leave at 4:30am...so I just need to get through today!

Hang in there! We will make it...but it is scary!
Unread 03-09-2003, 10:11 AM
I can understand

But I really feel at peace with my decision and I have done everything I can to prepare. It is in the hands of a higher power now. We will be fine. Let's just take a deep breath and think positive thoughts. We CAN do this. :-)

DR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-09-2003, 10:19 AM
Scared of tomorrow!!

{{{{{{{Shawna}}}}}}}

Sweetie, nerves are VERY normal. It's a BIG thing you're doing tomorrow. But YOU have control of how you go into this and get through this.

RELAX, take deeeep breaths, in through your nose, hold it for 5 seconds and exhale through your mouth. Repeat that a few times.

SMILE! Think of how much better you will be in the very near future without all of the complaints that led you to having a hyst.

KNOW that you are NOT alone in this. We are all here, thinking of you and wishing you ONLY the best.

PLAN on doing some shopping when you are recovered. Think of all the WHITE you can now buy without fear of it being stained or ruined. New white undies, new white shorts and pants and even dresses WITHOUT the worry!

TAMPON FREE IN 2003! Think positive, hon. Concentrate on waking up and it being ALL OVER and you can move forward towards your healing and the lovely summer that is right around the corner.

VERY BEST WISHES to you and ALL of the March 10 Sisters out there! You are going to be GORGEOUS in your new crowns!

Lots of Love,
Debbie
Unread 03-09-2003, 10:29 AM
THANKS!!!!

Thanks so much all of you...I know things will be okay..I just don't think I am ready right now...I have to leave at 5:15am so maybe the day will fly by so I can go to bed..LOL I truly want to to THANK yall so much for helping me..I am really having a hard time..I will post in a few days...I know I will be in the hospital til Wed......Good Luck to all the LIW!!
Unread 03-09-2003, 11:50 AM
Scared of tomorrow!!

Hey Gals.

I am almost 2 weeks post-op (LSH on 2/25) and clearly the last couple days of waiting are indeed the toughest part so far. I won't tell you the recovery is a breeze, but knowing it's behind me and life ahead will be soooo much better is very comforting right now.

Hang in there, you will be fine and God Bless you!!

Hugs,

Valissima
Unread 03-09-2003, 12:19 PM
waiting too

You are not alone shawna. I leave at 6am tomorrow. The nerves set in yesterday morning. I am very comfortable with my decision, but still nervous. I too am hoping the day flys by. Today I am setting out outfits for my 5 yr. old, so my hubby doesnt send him to school looking like a hopless child. Or in the same cloths all week. I can't keep any food down my stomach is just tossing and turning. not much longer though. I gave my tampons away yesterday!! that felt great to do. I know I will not miss old aunt flo. Good luck to all and hope all have a speedy uneventful recovery!!!!!
Unread 03-09-2003, 12:54 PM
Scared of tomorrow!!

Hi,
To all of you going in tomorrow, big hugs sent your way. I can relate to your nerves two sundays ago it was I sitting in your nervous chair! I will be two weeks post op tomorrow for tah, bso with appendectomy. I was a nervous wreck all day Sunday but, for some reason I woke up Monday morning and this total sense of calm came over me, when I got to the hopsital the nerves just seemed to go away. I pray that all of you can get a good nites sleep tonite, and know that it will soon be over with and you will be feeling so much better! Best Wishes for an uneventful castle stay, and quick healing! Please know that tomorrow morning others will be thinking of you.
~keep the faith~
Unread 03-09-2003, 05:17 PM
Scared of tomorrow!!

I know it's hard to believe but the waiting really is the hardest. Tomorrow night you will be through it all and resting, albiet a little uncomfortably. The days following will just get better and better and once you're home it will really help a lot for you physically and mentally. I hope there will be some major pampering going on for you.

Blessings,
TC
Unread 03-10-2003, 08:16 AM
Scared of tomorrow!!

hi... please do not worry.... i know it is easier said than done... but believe me... the waiting is the worst.. i had a vh, b.repair on the 20/02 and i, like you, was a nervous wreck.. as my daughter said to me.. the only part you are by yourself is when you are asleep.. this ofcourse is very true... don't get me wrong.. it is very scary but you will be fine and there will be only one way for you .. UP...... take faith in that all us sisters are thinking of you and call all friends and family.... the next day of surgery i was very tired but no pain just a little discomfort.. pain!!! ask for relief... take care and see you on the other side.... mary xx

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register