Another surgery???? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Another surgery???? Another surgery????

Unread 06-01-2007, 08:52 PM
Another surgery????

Hi Sisters, It has be a little time since I have been on, but I just went to the doctor and I "may" have to have another surgery to remove the only ovary I have left. Long story short, I was having alot of pain a few weeks ago....went to the doctor, he ordered an ultrasound to see if it was my ovary.....went for ultrasound and the radiologist said she could see why I was having pain, she said it looks like I had an "angry" ovary.... went to the doctor for my report and I know have a 3 inch cyst on my ovary. They now want to do another ultrasound and check up in about a month. If they cant drain it, they may have to do another surgery. Now I'm not sure that after the last one (especially since its only been 3 months) that I would want to go through it again, Has any one else gone through this?? Sisters please advise.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-01-2007, 09:49 PM
Another surgery????

Sorry to hear about what you're going through. I'm curios...would it be a full blown surgery or can they do like an orthoscopic {splg?} surgery. I'm talking about a very tiny incision and going in through there as opposed to a large incision.

In any case I wish you the best and I'm sure the experienced ladies will be able to help.
Unread 06-01-2007, 10:24 PM
Another surgery????

i developed a cyst on my remaining ovary about a month after the hyst. after a 'wait and see' time the doc put me on BCP. i had to stop laughing first, though. the idea of needing BCPs after a hyst just hit my funny bone. i stayed on the pills for two months and haven't had any trouble since.

before you have another surgery, just make sure you have explored all your options.

BTW, the doc said my cyst was caused by the ovary actually ovulating. he said that sometimes surgery can make the ovary sensitive. that's why he rx the BCPs, to prevent ovulation.

good luck! i hope you don't need any more surgery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-02-2007, 07:06 AM
Another surgery????

misssunshine, I'm almost in the same boat as you are, only with me, they found the cyst on my one remaining ovary during surgery. I haven't asked my GYN details yet, but he said he wants to do "watchful watching" to see what happens and do an US in the future. Since it's my only ovary, and I"m 48, he wants as much hormone production as he can possibly get. I'm thinking they better find a way to get it resolved because I won't be happy if I find my way back to the castle! Good luck!
Unread 06-02-2007, 10:02 AM
Thank you

I thought maybe I was just some rare case that my body just didnt like me and wanted to create painful issues!! The Dr. said it could be because of ovulation, and they want to do the US close to when my cycle would happen. Also, he mentioned that it could be bleeding switch could causing such terrible pain. I'm not sure if they can drain it if so, so lets hope it just fluid. They will try to drain, yes lyposcopicly (sp??) thereafter. He is really adamit to remove the ovary being that I am only 39. I asked why he didnt take it out during surgery,he said it was ok, plus my dh would hate him right about now with all the mood swings and menopausal issues. Just when you think you are pain free and drug free...I didnt think about the BCP. the dr didnt mention them either. I will ask next visit. Thank you all so much, because now I feel better and have some other options before I even think about going back to the castle!!!

You ladies are the best!!!!
Unread 06-02-2007, 10:06 AM
Another surgery????

Soooo I'm guessing my GYN isn't the only ovary fan out there. He said new research shows that even after we quit ovulating there are benefits to those little suckers. Good luck missunshine!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register