Four weeks post TAH, BSO and removal of cervix | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Four weeks post TAH, BSO and removal of cervix Four weeks post TAH, BSO and removal of cervix

Unread 11-24-2009, 07:18 PM
Four weeks post TAH, BSO and removal of cervix

I had basically no postop bleeding and the pain was very controllable; haven't even needed Advil or anything the last few weeks aside from a few times I probably overdid it a bit. I shopped yesterday for a few hours and then had company for supper, and today I again shopped for Christmas for an hour or so and then spent two hours at the hairdressers. Tonight I am having some sharp vaginal pains and some bladder issues; kind of a pressure or something. Could this be from overdoing it??

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-24-2009, 09:20 PM
Re: Four weeks post TAH, BSO and removal of cervix

Hi Charly!!! You could have most likely just over did it.....when I over did it....I would ache all over and have to go to bed. But with you having bladder issues also....I would be tempted to give the doctor a call...just to be on the safe side. Phone calls never hurt and that way your mind can be put to rest. Good luck to yea!!!!
Unread 11-24-2009, 09:22 PM

It sounds like it could be that you did too much. I remember going along fine for days and then having a surprising painful day all of the sudden. As long as it's not severe pain and you don't have fever or other concerning symptoms, I would say that you just need to take it easy.

Call your doc if the pain is too severe.

I hope you feel better soon!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-25-2009, 01:02 PM

Thanks guys! I laid around most of the day today and feel better.....very tired today though! I apparently did overdo it and didn't sleep well last night so tonight I will chillax and maybe have a quiet few days to recup again.
Unread 11-25-2009, 01:06 PM

Some times when you over do...your body can't relax and sleep....just continue to chill....I'm glad you are feeling better!!! Remember to pamper the princess!!!!
Unread 11-25-2009, 01:08 PM

I think when we are up and about and in our regular clothes, etc. people think we are "normal" again! I think tomorrow I will stay in pjs allll day!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register