I'm Exhausted!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I'm Exhausted!! I'm Exhausted!!

Unread 01-09-2006, 03:23 PM
I'm Exhausted!!

I am so grateful I found this site today, I was searching for answers because I truly thought I was losing my mind. I had my complete hysterectomy Dec 8th 05, both ovaries due to endometriosis, Huge tumor, cysts, u name it. I'm 43 yrs old. Anyway, Why am I so DARN TIRED???? My body aches, all I want to do is lie in bed, zero energy and the hot flashes are unbearable. Doc doesnt want to put me on HRT till my next visit, after I have my mammogram. Please is it normal to be this tired all the time????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-09-2006, 03:31 PM
I'm Exhausted!!

Yes its normal. I have found that just about everything and anything can be expected and we put this pressure on ourselves to be OK overnight....that makes it worse. You had sooo much surgery, be kind and gentle to yourself. Rest all you need and you will get help with the medication for emotional hormone stuff when you see your Dr. Plus call your Dr. whenever you want to discuss something that may be weighing on you. We love you ?
Unread 01-09-2006, 03:40 PM
I'm Exhausted!!

Rest, rest and more. If you feel something is really out of the ordinary then you should call your Dr. Took awhile for me to get my energy going, still tired sometimes but feel great. Take care of your self, look what you just went through!! Take care.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-09-2006, 03:49 PM
I'm Exhausted!!

Hi Saxin...
You and I have the same Date's.. Yes I do allright in the mornings, but by afternoon i loose steam..lol..Guess it is normal. Our bodies has to heal and takes time..and for the night sweats..there killin me to.. my doc didnt put me on hrt either..but I can't stand much more...so will see what he says next week...I'm tired now.. took ds to dr and wore Jeans.....YIKES.......came home and got sweat pants on........i wear out easy...so yes, it's normal good luck to you and we will just have to let mother nature take it's course...Beve
Unread 01-09-2006, 03:56 PM
I'm Exhausted!!

Sorry to hear you're feeling so tired. I know what you're talking about. I had my surgery a day after yours and am the same age.

My GYN started me on an estradiol patch 2 weeks post-op and that made a big difference. I noticed an almost immediate improvement in my mood and my overall feeling of "wellness" (vs "sickness"). I'm still having "warm flashes" occasionally, but nothing near what I was doing the first couple weeks when I had a "boiling-freezing" thing going most of the time. Now, at 4 weeks post-op, I feel better than I did prior to surgery, but I tire easily.

I've been trying to pace myself, but on the days I feel better, it's hard not to over-do, and when I do too much, I don't necessarily feel it that day, but a couple days later. I went shopping with my DH & DD for 3 hours the day after X-mas, but spent the next 3 days "paying" for that trip. Overall, though, every day has been a little bit better than the day before and when I look back to the week before, I've noted major improvements. I even went back to work part-time (desk job) today! Everybody's different, though!

I'm sure you considered calling your physician about how tired you have been feeling. Mine has been very understanding and I hope yours is as well.

Wishing you the best.
Unread 01-09-2006, 05:28 PM
I'm Exhausted!!

The best advice my doc gave me was to listen to my body. Your body has been through a lot and it will take time to heal, just rest, relax, and pamper yourself! I'm about 7 months post op now and doing very well... except for some pain.... as for energy, well, in Ireland they keep you off work for 3 months, so by the last month of my time off, I was doing ok; but then when i went back to work I totally crashed. Have to say it freaked me a bit to see how tired "tired" could be! A friend suggested I start on a multi vitamin and ginsing.... it really helped alot, within a week I felt like a million. The other tip, when your feeling up to it is to get walking and gentle excercises. Until you're ready.... HANG IN THERE!!! and know you are not alone!!

Best wishes

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register