Odd pain.. anyone else expeience this? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Odd pain.. anyone else expeience this? Odd pain.. anyone else expeience this?

Unread 03-02-2006, 08:20 AM
Odd pain.. anyone else expeience this?

Hey all.. I know... seems like I am having more problems than I thought.. I have posted about the low grade fever... Well, yesterday I started having an odd pain. It is kinda embarrasing, but need to know if anyone else has expeienced this.. (Note: I have a call in to my doc as I type this, a nurse is going to call me back)... Okay.. yesterday I started having rectal pain. It isn't a constant pain, but one that comes and goes pretty frequently. It is a very sharp pain, to the point of taking your breath and making you sick to your tummy. At first I thought it was just gas or maybe I needed to have a bowel movement. But, appears that it isn't either one of those now. I tried dealing with the pain but finally decided to take one of my pain pills and the pain pill does relieve the pain, but I only have 2 pain pills left... Also.. late last night/early this morning while having these pains I also started to have pain in the lower right quadrant of my abdomin... Just concerned and as I wait for the doc's office to call back wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this... Thank you for listening.. I am just really concerned right now...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-02-2006, 11:13 AM

s

I have not had this experience, but know a few who have. It is good that you have contacted your doc's office. Please remember that, in the event that he/she is unable to see you, there is always the option of a visit to the ER.

Take care , Princess. I sincerely hope that you are seen very soon and find resolution to your pain........s....Deb
Unread 03-02-2006, 11:33 AM

I have this, because of it I have kept taking stool softeners. A daily BM helps a lot, if I don't have one I feel exactly how you've described. I'm at 4 weeks from my hysterectomy now, and have cut the stool softeners from 2 a day to 1, and am hoping to stop them next week.

I'll guess a full intestine pushes against something that is still healing and is sore? but that is just a guess from a non medical person. All I know for sure is I really have needed the stool softeners to ensure that i go daily and that I don't have to strain at all. Straining is a bad thing, it hurts healing areas for me.

Debbie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-02-2006, 03:39 PM

I did talk to the nurse at my doc's office today.. I explained to her about my fever and pain and she told me that it all sounds pretty normal. Seeing as my fever hasn't gone 99.8 she feels it is ok.. She said the rectal pain could be from the problems I had with my first BM after surgery... I did find out that the nurses at the hospital made yet another mistake... they had wrote that I needed an appointment 4 to 6 weeks from then. When I called today the nurse said that since I am a week and a half post op that he would be seeing me next week. When I told her my appointment wasn't till March 27 she almost freaked out and said no way... He wants to see you in two weeks.. SO, I now have an appointment for Monday... I do feel a little better this afternoon... so maybe she was right.. maybe it is all normal and is gonna go away... She did tell me that if it got worse to call or if it is after hours to go to the ER... Thank you for your replies. I think I will take another Senokot and see if that helps the situation. Thank you gals!
Unread 03-02-2006, 05:03 PM
same feelings here......

Hi, sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well but glad to hear you're feeling better.......I had the same symptoms during my first 2 weeks post-op, I will be going to DR. on Monday the 6th for my 4 week post op. For me it was BM's getting back to normal and most of my pain was gas, both kinds I'm sure, one from the anesthesia and the other just plain ole gas!! I do have a seroma behind my incision which has given me some grief and for 2 days I've had some left side pain, feels like my ovary is bursting but today it's 75% better so I'm just gonna wait until my appt. to figure out with Dr. what it is........hope all is well.....

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register