Post-op intimacy concerns | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Post-op intimacy concerns Post-op intimacy concerns

Unread 05-13-2009, 10:44 PM
Post-op intimacy concerns

I am having my surgery in July and I will not be keeping my ovary's, Have any of your husbands or boyfriends made any comments that It doesn't "feel" the same? I don't mean like lubrication I am talking about inside or does it feel "empty" I have a VERY healthy sex life and I really don't know If I could handle dealing with that...I have already had numerous talks with my boyfriend and explained all of the things I have read but I don't think he will totally understand until it's too late! Thanks for any input
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-14-2009, 02:27 AM
Re: After the surgery my concern is the sex

No, my hubby of 13 years says it feels the same for him. However, the lack of hormones has been horrible for me. If you are planning to take HRT you may not have these changes. I can't take HRT because I had cancer, but, overall everything is different on my end...and not in a good way. I wouldn't worry about your boyfriend..I doubt he'll notice a thing physically. However, should you be one of the unlucky ones (like myself) who loses sex drive, has less sensation, etc. he will notice that you just aren't as into it as before. There is no way to hide such major changes with someone who knows you well. Hopefully, your case won't be like mine and you will not have those changes. Good luck.
Unread 05-14-2009, 06:05 AM

I had my surgery more than a year ago, and my husband of 28 years didnt notice any physical changes at all. to me everything is the same, even better, except this vaginal dryness that I have, but thats easily taken care of with over the counter creams and jellies....and I am NOT on any HRT treatment either, I chose not to and I am doing just fine.
every women is different, just take it one day at a time and after surgery, any symptom which you may have, (might not have any), discuss options with your doctor.
praying ALL goes well....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-14-2009, 06:06 AM

I haven't noticed any difference and haven't heard any complaints!
Unread 05-14-2009, 01:04 PM

I am also so worried about this! I will be having everything removed and I am so worried about my sex drive. Right now I have a very high sex drive and have NO problem with dryness. So hearing that this is an issue scares me! I will be on HRT as I am only 34. Will this matter?
Unread 05-14-2009, 03:29 PM
Re: Post-op intimacy concerns

Hi browneyes37 and

We’re happy to make your acquaintance! You will discover a ton of solid information on the site, and members with unlimited cyber-hugs to dispense and experiences to share with you at every stage of your journey to good health!

If you haven’t already done so, please do yourself a favor and register to receive Hysterectomy Checkpoints. It’s one of the best features of the site, in my opinion -- designed to accompany you through the entire hysterectomy experience from start to finish, and beyond!

You can take the opportunity to prepare yourself for what’s ahead by reading the Pre-Op Articles. You might find the following particularly helpful:

Is Sex Afterwards Really The Same?

You might benefit from browsing through the Tell Your Hyst-Story section. The stories are sorted by the type of surgery that was performed so it's easy to find those that tell about the type of hysterectomy you are scheduled to have.

Through the years, hundreds of women have shared their personal suggestions in Hints from Members that you may also want to peruse.

Rest assured you have come to the right place. Best wishes as you prepare for your trip to the Castle!
Unread 05-14-2009, 03:59 PM

Everything is different for me in a bad way as well. My DH has no problems, he's enjoying it and says everything feels good. They do notice when your not into it anymore or less than before.
Unread 05-14-2009, 04:13 PM

My DH said he didn't notice any change and thankfully neither have I.
Unread 05-14-2009, 05:05 PM

My hubby says no change on his side...all the changes are on mine but working through them with the aid of doctors and physical therapists.
Unread 05-15-2009, 01:36 AM

Thank everyone for their helpful input!! This has put my mind at ease! I am so grateful that i found this web site...I am only 37 and this whole ordeal is scary to me but I feel so much better now! I will continue to look here for any concerns that I may face!! again THANK YOU SO MUCH!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register