Upcoming hysterectomy 12/22: How were you feeling 3 days post-op? Anyone else with Back to Back Surgeries? - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Upcoming hysterectomy 12/22: How were you feeling 3 days post-op? Anyone else with Back to Back Surgeries? Upcoming hysterectomy 12/22: How were you feeling 3 days post-op? Anyone else with Back to Back Surgeries?

Unread 12-18-2015, 10:09 AM
Upcoming hysterectomy 12/22: How were you feeling 3 days post-op? Anyone else with Back to Back Surgeries?

I am 3 days post-op. I got home from the hospital at 3 yesterday.

My pain level is really low. I'm alternating Aleve and Ibuprofen, and I really don't hurt.

I am TIRED. My throat is still sore from the intubation required with the general anesthesia. I am not chatty, and feel a little winded. I know me, and having a house full of people would really not be what I would want today. In fact, friends are bringing dinner over and I asked my husband to tell them I'm asleep and not up for visitors when they arrive. This surprises me. I love these people and I know they love me.

Everyone is different, but please be gentle with yourself. As everyone lives close, there is no reason you can't celebrate and be together a few days later.

Hugs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-18-2015, 11:47 AM
Upcoming hysterectomy 12/22: How were you feeling 3 days post-op? Anyone else with Back to Back Surgeries?

I had a laparoscopy in 2013 to remove Endometriosis felt great for a year then Endo returned. Had second laproscopic this June (2015) to remove Endometriosis. I actually felt worse after surgery. Got third laporoscopic surgery 12-15-2015 to remove Endo throughout but especially on colon, a hysterectomy and oophorectomy and three days later I feel great. I'm not ready to give up my pain meds or anything just yet, but they certainly fixed whatever went wrong in June. I really feel like a whole new person. God is good! Hope yours goes as well as mine!
Unread 12-18-2015, 05:01 PM
Re: Upcoming hysterectomy 12/22: How were you feeling 3 days post-op? Anyone else with Back to Back Surgeries?

I had my Da Vinci on 12/15 and it is 12/18 now. I am still on pain meds and taking morning and afternoon naps and would not want to be in regular clothes or having to socialize. I do, however, feel pretty great! My pain is much better and I feel more like myself. I have mastered the digestive challenges and continue to really drink a ton of water. I am up and down the stairs in my house, no problem. I fixed my own lunch and dinner today. I might watch a movie tonight-the previous nights I have been too zonked out on pain meds to focus.
Hope this helps!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-19-2015, 07:52 AM
Re: Upcoming hysterectomy 12/22: How were you feeling 3 days post-op? Anyone else with Back to Back Surgeries?

3 days post op I was up and moving around,went out to lunch, did a little Christmas shopping. Still tired - took a morning nap and afternoon nap, and didn't do lifting or anything major. "Shuffled" around Walmart with my cart lol. But I needed to get out and about and was tired of being stuck in the house. Also just taking ibuprofen and not having any pain, just a little discomfort. You will be fine :-)
Unread 12-19-2015, 12:23 PM

I had a laparoscopic assisted vaginal hysterectomy-removal of uterus, tubes and cervix on 12/15. I only stayed one night in hospital. Nausea from pain meds biggest complaint. Dr ordered to stay on pain meds as prescribed for four days. Feeling tired but up for visiting. Having a close knit family willing to do all cooking etc will be a huge help. Prayers for a healthy recovery! Merry Christmas!
Unread 12-20-2015, 09:32 AM

I'm 5 days post op and still not feeling good. Don't push yourself! Give yourself time to heal.
Unread 12-20-2015, 09:52 AM

I felt OK at 3 days but not ambitious. Could I have had a gathering such as you are planning? I know if my elderly relative would be there, I would have surely tried it. I wasn't on narcotics, was up and around, and able to have visitors. I know others don't fare as well, but I assume you could go off to bed if things got bad. If you are just sitting or reclining among loved ones, I tend to think it's at least worth a try. You can always nap ahead if you need to. It's precious time with elder family, I hope you enjoy it.
As to surgeries, I had 2 GYN surgeries 4 months apart, and was maybe a bit more tired, but no major issues. Everyone is different of course. I wish you an easy recovery.
Unread 12-20-2015, 09:57 AM

I am having a total abdominal hysterectomy on Tuesday morning. We had our family Christmas yesterday so I'm pretty calm about everything. Or at least as calm as you can be. I wish the best to everyone on here as we all go through our surgeries. And Merry Christmas!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register