Post op appointment hell | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Post op appointment hell Post op appointment hell

Unread 02-02-2016, 02:36 PM
Post op appointment hell-questions NEED help

I had a long discussion with the nurse and she took notes. I've been in pain, exhausted, frustrated, and so many other things. The doctor comes in and we talk for five minutes maybe. He doesn't check my stitches (vaginal cuff ) and then he writes glad you're doing well on the care summary. I feel like he didn't even read the nurse's note. I felt completely invisable as if I wasn't even there. Now I have pressure on my vagina, and am thinking my bladder or bowels have fallen into it. I am scared, but would hate to call again, because I feel like the doctor doesn't even care. I'm so upset about this. I haven't stopped crying since I got home. Someone PLEASE HELP.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-02-2016, 03:18 PM
Re: Post op appointment hell

Sorry to hear it didn't go well at the appt.

To my understanding they cannot check your vaginal cuff stitches so early. In fact, my Dr told me he would check me there on the 6th week.

Hope that you feel better.

Kahlo
Unread 02-02-2016, 03:22 PM

Hi Bella,

Do you normally suffer from depression? Did you have your ovaries removed as that would play havoc with emotions. Even if you didn't it's still an emotional time.
I had the same pressure feeling when I was at your stage into recovery. It felt like bowels and bladder were jiggling about, 'loose' and weighing down on my vagina but from about 5 weeks that all settled down and now at 9 weeks all feels as it did before the op. Give your body time to adjust as a lot of changes have gone on in there. As long as you're not bleeding heavily it's highly unlikely your other organs are falling down. However you really should not be timid of calling your Doctor again if you would like your cuff checked (although this is normally at 6 weeks-do you have another appointment set for then??) to give you peace of mind-it's their job after all. Take care and update is to how you go.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-02-2016, 03:32 PM

I'm glad someone else experienced this. I seriously thought my bladder or something else was falling. The doctor said he kept both ovaries, but I am having hot flashes and mood swings like crazy. It's not good. I'm not used to this.
Unread 02-02-2016, 03:45 PM
Post op appointment hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella Luna1 View Post
I'm glad someone else experienced this. I seriously thought my bladder or something else was falling. The doctor said he kept both ovaries, but I am having hot flashes and mood swings like crazy. It's not good. I'm not used to this.
I'm so sorry you're struggling. I too kept my ovaries and have "sleepy ovaries" because I had hot flashes, night sweats, migraine headaches and horrible sadness and crying with an emotional roller coaster. My Dr actually started me on a 1/2 dose of an estrogen patch and it has either really been helping or my ovaries are waking up. I'm at 8 weeks today. She wants me to wear them for 3 months or until I'm feeling better.
My advice is to call the office and see if they can start a 1/2 dose of HRT for you. Hang in there and know you are not alone and that things will get better with time and maybe some hormone therapy.
Unread 02-02-2016, 10:12 PM

Please call your General Practitioners (GP) doctor and talk to them about your depression and suicidal thoughts.

I am sorry to hear your troubles. Get well soon. You should have gotten the help you need not a see you in 6 weeks thing.

Unread 02-03-2016, 12:22 AM

Im sorry you're having a rough time.. people tend to be so robotic in their work routine! Unfortunately, Ive found you have to research to ask all the right questions bc drs tend to not give us all the pertinent info freely unless we ask-as strange as that is to us. With that said... Its important that you do contact your dr or primary dr or go to hospital about your depression. I hope you have someone that you can be with or talk to until you get to the dr. To ease your mind about your symptoms, your ovaries may be experiencing surgical menopause & making you feel menopausal & upset with anxiety. You already have conerns bc of your surgery that youre thinking about & then your dr doesn't reassure you of your symptons, leaving you confused if this is normal. You can write down your questions with symptons & also put in a call to your dr. Maybe inquire about HRT. Just to let you know, from day 1, Ive felt like my organs were going to fall out. Ive been wearing an abdominal binder daily & still do on day 29 since my TAH. My abs just started to feel stronger the past few days but by the end of the day i get bloated then everything feels heavy again. I had my 2 week post op exam & my dr did not do an internal exam either. Really just checked on my incision how its healing & look for signs of infection. My next exam at the 6 week mark we'll see.. I hope your Dr resolves all your concerns. Feel better!
Unread 02-03-2016, 12:29 AM
Post op appointment hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella Luna1 View Post
Both of my ovaries were left as well, but I am so glad that I'm not the only one having mood swings, hot flashes, and aweful night sweats....I also thought my bladder was going to fall out of my body!! Horrible pressure and pain! They also treated me for a uti and that helped a little. I pray you'll feel better soon! My nights are still worse than my days, but I can see a little improvement everyday. Think happy thoughts, from all that I can tell this too will pass.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register