About to hit the one week mark! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

About to hit the one week mark! About to hit the one week mark!

Unread 11-17-2012, 08:51 PM
About to hit the one week mark!

I'm getting excited! And nervous! Of course, Aunt flo thinks she's going to have the last laugh this week.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-17-2012, 09:17 PM
Re: About to hit the one week mark!

Glad you're excited. Nerves are understandable. Aunt Flo may think she has the last laugh, but her demise is in the making. You can say bye bye to your least favorite aunt
Unread 11-17-2012, 11:36 PM

That's the most exciting news right now! I've suffered her pain and anguish for 25 years too long! In one week, she will no longer be able to show her ugly face to me!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-19-2012, 07:50 AM
About to hit the one week mark!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystal520 View Post
I'm getting excited! And nervous! Of course, Aunt flo thinks she's going to have the last laugh this week.
With me, it's more nerves than excitement but I suppose that will change when I'm recovering.

Since we're on the same day, I'll look forward to sharing our recovery progress on the pre-op board.
Unread 11-19-2012, 08:19 AM

Definitely Sunshine! I guess most of my excitement is for it to get here and be over and to not be in pain anymore.
Unread 11-19-2012, 08:35 AM

I am 5 days post op. I had the de vinci and my recovery is going good. I still have the swelly belly but I am sure that is normal. I go back on the 21st to have stitches removed. I am so glad I evicted the fibroids and destroyed there home. I had a really large fibroid on the back side of my uterus that did not show on the ultra sounds. Doc said my uterus looked like snoopy's head. He also said I had scar tissue on my left ovary. I still have both ovaries he just cleaned it up. My surgery was 4.5 hours long and I will say the nurse I had after I to my room was not a very nice person. I had to go from the gerney to my bed by myself she just would give me direction up down over more ect. then no meds because her computer was down. I ended up calling my doc at 11 pm asking him for something for pain. He was not happy. but with all the hospital drama I am good. looking forward to being able to go walk on the treadmill soon.

So I understand the nerves but I will say I was more calm than I thought I would be. I kept busy up to the day of surgery. and I kept thinking no more pain no more bleeding.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register