DaVinci doing the Complete Hysterectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

DaVinci doing the Complete Hysterectomy DaVinci doing the Complete Hysterectomy

Unread 05-13-2013, 10:28 PM
DaVinci doing the Complete Hysterectomy

Hello Ladies~

In June I am having my complete Hysterectomy... Who has had the DaVinci doing the procedure? I would love to hear how it went for you~

Krease~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-13-2013, 10:44 PM
Re: DaVinci doing the Complete Hysterectomy

I had a complete hysterectomy using the DaVinchi procedure on April 16. Complete removal of cervix, ovaries and tubes as well. It does take longer than a regular abdominal due to setting up the robot itself. Mine was done robotically however removed vaginally. The air they out in your belly for surgery does cause some gas. I used gas-x for about two weeks after surgery and it worked very well. I also used miralax the first two days after surgery and then about every third day to help with bm. The key is to rest and not over do it. I am four weeks post op and heading back to work this week. All went very well! Lt me know if you have any specific questions and I would be more than happy to let you know what I experienced. I had two c-sections with my kiddos and these incisions are much better than the abdominal one. Everything will go well for you!
Unread 05-14-2013, 04:58 AM

I had the Da Vinci as well five days go. Everything was removed vaginally. I agree, the gas pain has been the worst of the pain I've felt.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-14-2013, 12:36 PM

I am 4 weeks post-op from daVinci. I had some pain the first week, less each week since. The gas pain is bad, but luckily gas-x does a good job. Just started back to work yesterday and other than being very tired and a bit of swelly belly it went well.
Unread 05-14-2013, 07:03 PM

Thank you ladies. I was told that they are to remove to gas after the surgery. I know that pain from previous laparoscopies. I wonder if it will be worse? Thank you djladybug for the Gas-x suggestion, I will definitely make sure we have that for after the surgery. Do any of you work your full shift on your feet and constantly moving? I am a CMA and work at a very busy cancer center, so I have no time to take it slow. The Doc said I could go back to work at maybe 3 weeks, I am hoping within 2 weeks. I know not to push my body. I am not sure if they will do vaginally, because I have never had children. I wonder if there is a difference in the abd healing?
Unread 05-14-2013, 07:14 PM

I also had Da Vinci, and thought it was very similar to Laproscopic in healing. I didn't have much trouble with gas, but I have had previous surgeries, so I knew how to deal with it fairly easily.
I will say 2-3 weeks will probably be too fast for return. I have returned after 3 weeks and have been okay, but very cautious. I can't bend all the way yet without feeling it. Not sure what you do, but if you have to lift and move a lot, that will probably be too soon.
Good Luck
Unread 05-14-2013, 07:19 PM

I had LSH, but the gas pains from the gas they used were much LESS than what I've experienced before. They weren't fun - but just less than I had expected.
Unread 05-14-2013, 07:53 PM

I am 4 weeks out from my surgery and doing pretty good. Surgery took 3 hours and I only had pain from the gas the first couple hours. Incisions are healing nicely but I do still have pain in my pubic mound and get tired easily. Walking is still uncomfortable. But all in all I am on the mend.
Unread 05-14-2013, 09:17 PM

Thanks Krease for posting this. I am also having the DaVinci (but leaving one ovary) on next Monday (May 20, 2013) and I am nervous and curious myself.

Just wanted to say thanks!

Have a wonderful night!

Unread 05-14-2013, 10:28 PM

I am almost three weeks out. I had davinci TVH ...it all came out and then some, endo and adhesions. The first week...I don't remember much. Lots of pain meds and sleeping, lots of night sweats. The second week, much better, but cannot imagine going back to work. Everyday brings a different set of "what is that I am feeling". Gas pain, vaginal cuff, sharp pain on right side, now it's on the left. Then, there are days that I will feel like I am coming around. I think it's attitude, taking care of yourself purposefully, listening to your body when it says no more and sometimes it only can take a shower and that is it, take the help if offered and remember this healing can either happen naturally with your help or set you back further if you push it too much.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register