Laproscopic surgery - gallbladder vs. hysterecotmy? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Laproscopic surgery - gallbladder vs. hysterecotmy? Laproscopic surgery - gallbladder vs. hysterecotmy?

Unread 01-30-2014, 06:16 PM
Laproscopic surgery - gallbladder vs. hysterecotmy?

Had my gall bladder removed a few years ago...can anyone compare the gassy feeling with that laproscopic surgery and lapro hyst? Abdominal healing?

If somewhat similar ---bring it! Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-30-2014, 08:02 PM
Re: Laproscopic surgery - gallbladder vs. hysterecotmy?

I have not had gallbladder surgery, and my hysterectomy was a TAH BSO, do different than what you are having.

But there are plenty of women on this site. Hopefully one of them will see this post and respond.

Unread 01-30-2014, 09:08 PM

Hi. Had lavh 2 weeks ago and the abdominal gas was unpleasant. It moved under my ribs and in my shoulder by day 2 and took about 5 days to go away completely. As for comparison, I can't help with that since I haven't had any other ab surgery. .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-31-2014, 12:31 AM
Laproscopic surgery - gallbladder vs. hysterecotmy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VPVA View Post
Had my gall bladder removed a few years ago...can anyone compare the gassy feeling with that laproscopic surgery and lapro hyst? Abdominal healing?

Hello
I had my gallbladder removed some years ago and it was a breeze compared to the hyst surgery.. I know I was prepared because of this site.. what you should have at home to help is Miralax, Gas-X, prunes, anti itch creme, chapstick, cold compress, heating pads, ibprofen, prune juice, apple juice. And I bought plenty of can fruit.. I. Am 10 days post op and my bm's are almost back to normal, oh I forgot one important item plenty of bathroom tissue. Good luck to you
Unread 01-31-2014, 04:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VPVA View Post

I had my gallbladder out, but it was 20+ years ago. I had some gas discomfort with it and walked which really helped alleviate it then. I had very little "pain" with my gallbladder lap, just remember feeling like someone punched me in the gut.

I had my TLH 12/20 and this can't compare to the gallbladder. This was by far a more major procedure. As to the gas issue, on day 2 I had some gas pain in my right shoulder, but got up and walked around and it dissipated pretty quickly.

I'm at week 6 today and still have some abdominal discomfort when I do too much or especially at the end of the day.
Unread 01-31-2014, 11:45 AM

One of my friends had her gall bladder removed laparscopically a few months after I had my hysterectomy. She was up, about and pretty much back to normal within a week. That's not happening with a hysterectomy, even a laparoscopic one.
Unread 01-31-2014, 12:58 PM

Had my gallbladder out in 2011, hysterectomy (Davinci )last week. Gallbladder was by far an easier recovery. My hysterectomy recovery is going well, but there is no way I could've gone back to work after one week as I did after my gallbladder was removed. Had to be catheterized for hysterectomy and flat on my back for 24 hours, with gallbladder I was in and out of the hospital in 5 hours. Didn't experience fatigue with gallbladder as I have with my hysterectomy. I haven't had issues with gassiness, so I can't speak to that. Best wishes for a successful surgery and a quick recovery!
Unread 01-31-2014, 01:12 PM

VPVA - Thanks for asking this. I had my gallbladder out a couple of years ago and will be having a LAVH Tuesday.
Unread 01-31-2014, 03:39 PM

I have not had gall bladdar surgery, but I had a DaVinci laparoscopic total hyster 3 weeks ago and gas was not an issue. My doctor 'burped' me well after the surgery. When I asked her about it she said they had only been doing it for about a year with good results. I was under the impression she vacuumed as much gas out of me as possible. Whatever she did, she did it well. Ask your doctor if they know how to remove the gas. I feared the gas the most this time as I had a laparoscopy 28 years ago and still remember how uncomfortable it was, but it was a non-issue this time.
Unread 01-31-2014, 05:18 PM

My doctor "burped" the gas out too and I hae very little "gas pains". She told me that she presses out the gas and they've had good results with that procedure.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register