Cried..not ashamed | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Cried..not ashamed Cried..not ashamed

Unread 09-20-2002, 04:36 PM
Cried..not ashamed

I cried so hard I thought my head would explode..it hit out of the blue because I thougt I was ok with everything..I guess not..entirely..I don't want to be mentally ill over this. I feel protected though I guess I'm just adjusting...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-20-2002, 05:30 PM
Cried..not ashamed

Faithful,
's!! It's OK to cry & there is no reason to be ashamed!! I cried, it's a scary thing. I'm sure we've all cried. When do you go in? My surgery was 7-24 & I made it through. Everyone is here for you when you need a shoulder to cry on. Take care & let me know how you're doing!! Paula
Unread 09-20-2002, 07:24 PM
Cried..not ashamed

This is a perfectly understandable reaction. Come here often and express your feelings. You will find many who feel the same way.

TC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-20-2002, 07:37 PM
Cried..not ashamed

My husband and I had a few good cries together the day before my TAH 9/16/02. I feel it brought us closer together. That is perfectly natural and the hospital was very understanding as this is an emotional surgery for any woman. It will be over before you know it and will be glad like I am that I had the surgery. Nothing but positive thoughts from here on out! No more periods, doubled over cramps, clotting & heavy bleeding! I am free!

Do what I did and visit here frequently. Ask and say what you want - there is always someone here to support you!
Unread 09-21-2002, 03:40 AM
Cried..not ashamed

Cry as much as you need to, we understand, and we are here! I had a good cry after deciding to go through with the surgery. And had a few more from anxiety....waiting for the big day. Thank God I only had a 2 week wait!

Even if you are okay with everything, there may be times that the reality of the situation just hits you, and you cry. It's ok.
Unread 09-21-2002, 09:11 AM
Cried..not ashamed

Just sitting here reading these posts made me cry. At least I am not the only one. It sure does seem harder the closer my date gets. Is that normal?

Thanks, Melissa
Unread 09-21-2002, 01:54 PM
Cried..not ashamed

The journey to hysterectomy is a challenging one. It is major surgery, and it impacts us emotionally and physically. What you are going through is perfectly normal. The last few weeks before my surgery I was glued to this site. All the support, information and understanding really helped me make it through.
It will really be ok, and you will feel so much better when it is behind you.

's and blessings.
Unread 09-21-2002, 04:20 PM
alternate between crying and happiness

I'm feeling much more positive now than I did a year ago but am getting a bit nervous as the date approaches - 3 weeks from tomorrow....

When I found out I had to have this done I was devastated - my dreams of a twilight baby (I'm 31 and have three children already) were shattered and as a feminist I felt that this was the biggest insult of all and that my body had failed me (or I'd failed it depending on exactly how depressed I was that day!).

I had my last ever period 8 weeks ago and am preparing for my visit to the castle. I've got some nice new pyjamas and feel confident I've made the best decision for my body AND that it doesn't make me any less a woman - if anything my life can only get better after the ill health I've experienced over the last few years.

As everyone has expressed so far it's only natural to grieve when faced with hysterectomy - I'm sure I'll have a bit of a cry after my surgery too and that's ok - there's an enormous roller coaster of emotions to get through before we find happiness in hysterectomy.

Good luck and keep in touch - you're so not alone!
regards
Xaviera

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register